Need advice on my PC build

Go to solution Solved by rikoz,
33 minutes ago, leclod said:

I couldn't find any nice and cheap DDR4 Wifi boards, also it might be different in your country.

So I'd say have a look what you can find in affordable DDR4 Wifi boards or go back to your starter system.

I think I would go with my starter build, lol. Thanks for the advice.

Budget (including currency): 700$        

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Mostly fps games like warzone, apex, cs , ... . I'm also interested in game development and programming.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

I have done some research and was able to come up with a build, would love to hear some advice on it:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/VcMbJy

Just wondering what is the best case to get under 50$, since I don't care that much about cases but also don't want to spend too little on them.

Thanks for answering!

Posted (edited)

I'd go with this for mobo : (note the imbedded wifi/BT)(not that I think it's pretty)(and there are even cheaper wifi boards)

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/ggddnQ/asrock-b760m-pg-sonic-wifi-micro-atx-lga1700-motherboard-b760m-pg-sonic-wifi

I'd go for the 12400 with igpu. An igpu can come in handy in times of trouble.

I did get a contact frame for my 12400, there are cheap ones on Ali/Amazon. But you can do without.

IMG_0873.png

Edited by leclod

I'm willing to swim against the current.

1 hour ago, leclod said:

I'd go with this for mobo : (note the imbedded wifi/BT)(not that I think it's pretty)(and there are even cheaper wifi boards)

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/ggddnQ/asrock-b760m-pg-sonic-wifi-micro-atx-lga1700-motherboard-b760m-pg-sonic-wifi

I'd go for the 12400 with igpu. An igpu can come in handy in times of trouble.

I did get a contact frame for my 12400, there are cheap ones on Ali/Amazon. But you can do without.

IMG_0873.png

On that, should I get a motherboard without wifi and a wifi adapter or a mobo with wifi, are there any differences?
The i5 12400 is basically 50$ more expensive than the F version in my country, is the igpu really worth it then? And the tray version is basically the same price, should I go with that?
Thanks for answering!

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, rikoz said:

On that, should I get a motherboard without wifi and a wifi adapter or a mobo with wifi, are there any differences?
The i5 12400 is basically 50$ more expensive than the F version in my country, is the igpu really worth it then? And the tray version is basically the same price, should I go with that?
Thanks for answering!

I prefer the mobo with wifi, it's cleaner, it's got Bluetooth too.

Also, for example the mobo I proposed is only 18$ more and it's B760, it has more features... compare those backplates.

(Edit : I just looked closely, and they are not as different as I first thought, but there probably are more differences on the boards like number of M.2 slots for instance)

I agree 50$ price difference is too much for a 100$ product.

Tray version is without cooler and I didn't see no dedicated cooler in your list, so...

dfb8d3779642e966aa7ee45e300dddd2.1600.jpg

21pbS0tuvBL.jpg

Edited by leclod

55 minutes ago, leclod said:

I prefer the mobo with wifi, it's cleaner, it's got Bluetooth too.

Also, for example the mobo I proposed is only 18$ more and it's B760, it has more features... compare those backplates.

(Edit : I just looked closely, and they are not as different as I first thought, but there probably are more differences on the boards like number of M.2 slots for instance)

I agree 50$ price difference is too much for a 100$ product.

Tray version is without cooler and I didn't see no dedicated cooler in your list, so...

dfb8d3779642e966aa7ee45e300dddd2.1600.jpg

21pbS0tuvBL.jpg

I looked into the mobo and found that it supports ddr5, wouldn't that require more money to be spend into ddr5 ram instead of ddr4 ram on my list tho?

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, rikoz said:

I looked into the mobo and found that it supports ddr5, wouldn't that require more money to be spend into ddr5 ram instead of ddr4 ram on my list tho?

Good point,

DDR5 has gone down a lot and is (I think) on par with DDR4 prices. But most kits are 2*16GB so it seems to be more expensive, yes.

On the other side, I've changed recently from 16GB to 32GB, as many others did. I think 32GB is the new 16GB.

But you can still go by with 16GB indeed.

And lastly there were other wifi boards available, probably some with DDR4 (I'm with DDR4 but I should have changed to DDR5).

Edited by leclod

11 minutes ago, leclod said:

Good point,

DDR5 has gone down a lot and is (I think) on par with DDR4 prices. But most kits are 2*16GB so it seems to be more expensive, yes.

On the other side, I've changed recently from 16GB to 32GB, as many others did. I think 32GB is the new 16GB.

But you can still go by with 16GB indeed.

And lastly there were other wifi boards available, probably some with DDR4 (I'm with DDR4 but I should have changed to DDR5).

DDR5 ram in my country is twice the price of DDR4 so I think I'm gonna stick with DDR4, do you have any mobo recommendations (with/without wifi)? Thanks!

7 minutes ago, rikoz said:

DDR5 ram in my country is twice the price of DDR4 so I think I'm gonna stick with DDR4, do you have any mobo recommendations (with/without wifi)? Thanks!

I couldn't find any nice and cheap DDR4 Wifi boards, also it might be different in your country.

So I'd say have a look what you can find in affordable DDR4 Wifi boards or go back to your starter system.

33 minutes ago, leclod said:

I think I would go with my starter build, lol. Thanks for the advice.