Jump to content

System won’t post after upgrade

hamstuss

Specs:

cpu: ryzen 3 3200g/ ryzen 5 3600

mobo: b450 tomahawk

ram: 2x8 gb hyperx fury 2666

gpu: 1050/1070 

 

hi guys, I was trying to upgrade my pc today 3200g to 3600 and then 1050 to 1070 but after changing the parts the pc won’t post.

 

it will power on and all fans will spin but cpu led light stays on (white)

 

I’ve tried the old cpu back in but still nothing. LED is still white on Mobo 

 

any help will be much appreciated 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, hamstuss said:

Specs:

cpu: ryzen 3 3200g/ ryzen 5 3600

mobo: b450 tomahawk

ram: 2x8 gb hyperx fury 2666

gpu: 1050/1070 

 

hi guys, I was trying to upgrade my pc today 3200g to 3600 and then 1050 to 1070 but after changing the parts the pc won’t post.

 

it will power on and all fans will spin but cpu led light stays on (white)

 

I’ve tried the old cpu back in but still nothing. LED is still white on Mobo 

 

any help will be much appreciated 

The PC has to go through RAM training and MSi motherboards tend to be a bit slow through that process. You will have a blank monitor screen for awhile. You'll probably have to update the BIOS. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, hamstuss said:

Specs:

cpu: ryzen 3 3200g/ ryzen 5 3600

mobo: b450 tomahawk

ram: 2x8 gb hyperx fury 2666

gpu: 1050/1070 

 

hi guys, I was trying to upgrade my pc today 3200g to 3600 and then 1050 to 1070 but after changing the parts the pc won’t post.

 

it will power on and all fans will spin but cpu led light stays on (white)

 

I’ve tried the old cpu back in but still nothing. LED is still white on Mobo 

 

any help will be much appreciated 

Reset the bios by removing the CMOS battery. The PC after installing a newer CPU from a different generation needs to go through a fresh Memory training as highlighted above. It will take some time but should work in the end. 

  • AMD Ryzen 7 5700X Undervolted  with PBO+Eco Mode
  • B550 Aorus Elite V2 Rev1.2
  • G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3600Mhz 32gb (8gb x4)
  • MSI Mech 2X RX6600 8GB GDDR6
  • Deepcool AK620 WH
  • Deepcool CK500 WH
  • Kingston A2000 250gb + WD Blue 1tb HDD, Sn550 1tb + MX500 1000gb
  • Antec EAG Pro 750 80+G
  • Benq Mobiuz EX2510 144Hz
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, BillBill said:

The PC has to go through RAM training and MSi motherboards tend to be a bit slow through that process. You will have a blank monitor screen for awhile. You'll probably have to update the BIOS. 

yeh... but one thing  both my msi b350m / b550m mortar actually say "memory training in progress..." or something like that, idk how people could miss that...  

if it doesn't boot *at all* that's probably something else then... BIOS update couldn't hurt tho that's true (as long its compatible with cpu)

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

 

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

yeh... but one thing  both my msi b350m / b550m mortar actually say "memory training in progress..." or something like that, idk how people could miss that...  

if it doesn't boot *at all* that's probably something else then... BIOS update couldn't hurt tho that's true (as long its compatible with cpu)

Some motherboards will not output anything saying "memory training is progress" Because most of the time the monitor screen is blank. While being connected to a dedicated GPU. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×