Jump to content

Windows Boot not recognizing Sata SSD

kodokuj

The 2 pictures say everything.

Does the 2nd picture not mean the disk's controller is enabled?

Motherboard is an Asus F1A75-M

IMG_0041.JPG

IMG_0042.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Spoiler
45 minutes ago, kodokuj said:

The 2 pictures say everything.

Does the 2nd picture not mean the disk's controller is enabled?

Motherboard is an Asus F1A75-M

IMG_0041.JPG

IMG_0042.JPG

 

Change on chip sata type from IDE to AHCI
asus-f1a75-m-pro-uefi-bios-7.jpg

  • AMD Ryzen 7 5700X Undervolted  with PBO+Eco Mode
  • B550 Aorus Elite V2 Rev1.2
  • G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3600Mhz 32gb (8gb x4)
  • MSI Mech 2X RX6600 8GB GDDR6
  • Deepcool AK620 WH
  • Deepcool CK500 WH
  • Kingston A2000 250gb + WD Blue 1tb HDD, Sn550 1tb + MX500 1000gb
  • Antec EAG Pro 750 80+G
  • Benq Mobiuz EX2510 144Hz
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Tech Reprise said:
  Reveal hidden contents
 

 

Change on chip sata type from IDE to AHCI
asus-f1a75-m-pro-uefi-bios-7.jpg

 

IMG_0045.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay try this:

while in the install PE environment (so what you are in right now) , press Shift+F10, a command prompt window should appear

then type "diskpart"

after that type "lis dis"

locate the drive number, and then for drive number X enter "sel dis X"

type "clean" and wait for it to finish

close the windows and attempt to install again

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, anirudthelinuxwIzard said:

Okay try this:

while in the install PE environment (so what you are in right now) , press Shift+F10, a command prompt window should appear

then type "diskpart"

after that type "lis dis"

locate the drive number, and then for drive number X enter "sel dis X"

type "clean" and wait for it to finish

close the windows and attempt to install again

So this wasn't the issue. I had to go into my stepdad's pc and use rufus to use MBR instead of GPT and it worked!

But thank you for the help

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, kodokuj said:

So this wasn't the issue. I had to go into my stepdad's pc and use rufus to use MBR instead of GPT and it worked!

But thank you for the help

I guess that works too

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×