Any feedback from users: LG Oled Flex vs Odyssey Ark V2 and other options

Nocturn

I've been daily driving the Gen 1 Odyssey Ark, however, the constant issues with connection are getting to frustrating, so I thinking of switching.

Currently, on the market I see 2 options that encompass decent sound and large size the LG Oled Flex and the Gen 2 Ark. External sound systems are not considered, because an all in one package is strongly preferred.

Are the any monitors that I missed? Did the built-in speakers in LG C3 evolve to usable from the LG C1 days?

Can anyone share experience owning the Oled Flex/Ark v2? 

Is the Flex large enough for you?

Any known/common issues with the Flex?

I mean even some tiny decent ish speakers are hilariously better than the built in speakers of all of these systems.

These curved screens are very  iche products and well the speakers are very much an afterthought. The lg c3 is pretty much a minor sound upgrade again.

None of these will sound great and even some simple speakers are plenty good.

6 hours ago, jaslion said:

I mean even some tiny decent ish speakers are hilariously better than the built in speakers of all of these systems.

These curved screens are very  iche products and well the speakers are very much an afterthought. The lg c3 is pretty much a minor sound upgrade again.

None of these will sound great and even some simple speakers are plenty good.

The whole point is that I need something that will sound decent, but won't take up room on my desk aka built in speakers. Something strong and decent enough for me to watch a video with someone/ play casual BGM. One of the main selling points of Flex and Ark are the built in audio systems. Ark Gen 1 sounds on the level of or better of BMW Harmon Kardon's up to 50% volume without distortion.

Another Comparison would be something close to a Beolit 20

I am not looking for them to sound great, just decent enough. I have Hifiman he6se v2 when I actually need something good sounding.

5 hours ago, Nocturn said:

The whole point is that I need something that will sound decent, but won't take up room on my desk aka built in speakers. Something strong and decent enough for me to watch a video with someone/ play casual BGM. One of the main selling points of Flex and Ark are the built in audio systems. Ark Gen 1 sounds on the level of or better of BMW Harmon Kardon's up to 50% volume without distortion.

Another Comparison would be something close to a Beolit 20

I am not looking for them to sound great, just decent enough. I have Hifiman he6se v2 when I actually need something good sounding.

Then Id just get a standard af tv like the lg c3 because well these curved ones are first gen products (samsungs on gen 2 now) which as you've noticed have shown issues as you are the first broad tester group.

Just getting a tried and true tv for like far less will do wonders.

Oh also its not that hard at all to get the sound quality of the units you have really. 200 or less will easily let you surpass that. But if it cant take up desk space its more limit. Could always wall mount, side desk mount, pole mount,... em if you find the lg c3 speakers dissatisfactory. But for your usecase they are perfectly fine.

I've been using the 42" C2 for close to 2 years now and it's still amazing. It uses the same OLED panel as the FLEX, just not flexible. The speakers are pretty good and I regularly use them whenever I don't feel like using my headphones. They don't have a lot of bass, but that's expected. They're significantly better than anything that would come on a monitor. Still, a cheap-ish soundbar will probably still be an upgrade.

I suggest really thinking about if you need the curve, since you can save a lot of money with the flat 42" TV model.

If you have any other spcific questions, let me know.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

11 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

I've been using the 42" C2 for close to 2 years now and it's still amazing. It uses the same OLED panel as the FLEX, just not flexible. The speakers are pretty good and I regularly use them whenever I don't feel like using my headphones. They don't have a lot of bass, but that's expected. They're significantly better than anything that would come on a monitor. Still, a cheap-ish soundbar will probably still be an upgrade.

I suggest really thinking about if you need the curve, since you can save a lot of money with the flat 42" TV model.

If you have any other spcific questions, let me know.

Did you ever use C1? 

I used my 65inch C1, while the Ark was getting repaired. And I found the speakers to be a bit lower than what I want(basically main main criteria is no distortion on medium volume). I know that from c1->c2->c3 it should have improve, just cannot find any reviews or data that shows by how much.

11 minutes ago, Nocturn said:

Did you ever use C1? 

I used my 65inch C1, while the Ark was getting repaired. And I found the speakers to be a bit lower than what I want(basically main main criteria is no distortion on medium volume). I know that from c1->c2->c3 it should have improve, just cannot find any reviews or data that shows by how much.

I have both a 55" C9 and a 42" C2 and on both models I find the speakers acceptable, but that's about all I can say about them. I'm not gonna use integrated speakers at high volumes, they're more of a quality of life feature for me. On the C9, which is used in my living room, I eventually got a Soundbar, the Samsung HW-Q80R, which is an absolute beast btw. And instead of the C2's speakers I mostly use headphones since it's my PC monitor.

You can look at the reviews from RTINGS.com to see how they stack up. I know they specifically test distortion. Use their compare feature: https://www.rtings.com/tv/tools/compare/

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.