my ssd won't go in

ave11
Go to solution Solved by Hinjima,
3 minutes ago, ave11 said:

Yeah I know but I'm scared to use any more pressure, I don't want to break anything

As mentioned by Tetras, they are mainly installed at a slight angle. Like in this video here.

Timed it for you 馃檪

I have a b760 proart d5 mobo and a wd black sn850x. I know my ssd is compatible, but for some reason it won't go in. I have tried dozens of times, nothing looks bent or out of place, i looked in my manuel im putting it in the right place and I'm not sure what to do at this point. Any help would be greatly appreciated.20240612_175529.thumb.jpg.68fd6cc4c8001efcc5460d141e9337f0.jpg20240612_175529.thumb.jpg.68fd6cc4c8001efcc5460d141e9337f0.jpg20240612_175620.thumb.jpg.589451c42b7db4ecffe2d7b58b15b13a.jpg

I have a b760 proart d5 mobo and a wd black sn850x. I know my ssd is compatible, but for some reason it won't go in. I have tried dozens of times, nothing looks bent or out of place, i looked in my manuel im putting it in the right place and I'm not sure what to do at this point. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Looks to me like you need to push it further in the slot.

The red parts should touch.

image.thumb.png.d3c7a84225a45f178f453a8bb1fbf2de.png

1 minute ago, Hinjima said:

Looks to me like you need to push it further in the slot.

Yeah I know but I'm scared to use any more pressure, I don't want to break anything

You will know when you are using too much pressure.聽 Just push while doing a sliiight wiggle and see if that helps.

Some components are tough to slot.聽 DDR5 RAM for example is just absolutely nuts in terms of pressure required.

1 minute ago, ave11 said:

They're usually installed at a slight angle and don't need much force at all.

As mentioned by Tetras, they are mainly installed at a slight angle. Like in this video here.

Timed it for you 馃檪

1 minute ago, Hinjima said:

Timed it for you 馃檪

I did it! Lmao it took way more pressure then I thought it looks like people just drop then in there

5 minutes ago, ave11 said:

I did it! Lmao it took way more pressure then I thought it looks like people just drop then in there

Wahaay! 馃槃聽 Awesome!
Yeah, some components take a lot of pressure and most components are very durable.

I thought I would brake my motherboard in half when I installed my first DDR5 memory modules.
Understand that it can be scary the first few times, especially with expensive components.

If you need more help or have further questions, you know where to write! 馃檪

You can also DM me if there are some small things you wonder about or want my input on something.

1 hour ago, Hinjima said:

Wahaay! 馃槃聽 Awesome!
Yeah, some components take a lot of pressure and most components are very durable.

I thought I would brake my motherboard in half when I installed my first DDR5 memory modules.
Understand that it can be scary the first few times, especially with expensive components.

If you need more help or have further questions, you know where to write! 馃檪

You can also DM me if there are some small things you wonder about or want my input on something.

Thanks so much idk how I would of got this cpu together without you guys on this forum, you guys are the best 鉂わ笍