Is it possible to bind a system fan to GPU temperature?

I mounted some fans to the side of my case to help my GPU since it was hitting it's temperature limit in my case, but it only helps if either I manually set the fans to max which is way too loud, or by chance the case fan those site fans are tied to is running high. I assumed that part of the case fans would respond to the GPU but they do not. Is there any software out there where I can set it so if the GPU is running hot it makes a case fan run faster? This is a Dell Precision T5810 Desktop so a lot of the older fan control software I tried doesn't seem to be able to be able to see the system fans either.

Yep, but not with the stock tools. This is specifically something FanControl can do, even hybrid curves that make use of multiple trigger sources. 

https://getfancontrol.com/ 

Ryzen 7 7800x3D -  Asus RTX4090 TUF OC- Asrock X670E Taichi - 32GB DDR5-6000CL30 - SuperFlower 1000W - Fractal Torrent - Assassin IV - 42" LG C2

Ryzen 7 5800x - XFX RX6600 - Asus STRIX B550i - 32GB DDR4-3200CL14 - Corsair SF750 - Lian Li O11 Mini - EK 360 AIO - Asus PG348Q

I remember trying to use that on a different system, but it seemed to want to take over all of my fans, even when I told it to leave my GPU fans alone it seemed to want to control them. Is there any way I can tell it "Hey, don't touch anything but this fan"? I am using different software to control my GPU fans, which has it's own issues. (Namely, that by default the fans keep going from 0% to 100% every few seconds, which is maddening since you hear a loud booming leaf blower noise every few seconds nonstop. Using EVGTA's Precision X1 to force the fans to never spin below 30% stopped that. I would not want another fan control app to mess that up.)

Do you know if it can work with the fans on this Dell workstation? Since a lot of fan control software could not identify it's fans to control them.

46 minutes ago, Cyber Akuma said:

I mounted some fans to the side of my case to help my GPU since it was hitting it's temperature limit in my case, but it only helps if either I manually set the fans to max which is way too loud, or by chance the case fan those site fans are tied to is running high. I assumed that part of the case fans would respond to the GPU but they do not. Is there any software out there where I can set it so if the GPU is running hot it makes a case fan run faster? This is a Dell Precision T5810 Desktop so a lot of the older fan control software I tried doesn't seem to be able to be able to see the system fans either.

Some motherboards let you set the controlling device to PCIE_1 for a fan's curve, which would be your first 16x slot that your dGPU should be in. OEM systems like that, most likely not without a separate controller like an iCUE Commander or with software.

Ryzen 7950x3D Direct Die NH-D15, CCD1 disabled

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional IT since 2017

On 6/12/2024 at 5:35 PM, Agall said:

Some motherboards let you set the controlling device to PCIE_1 for a fan's curve, which would be your first 16x slot that your dGPU should be in.

Interesting.

I do have an ASUS ROG STRIX B-550F that allows for a thermal sensor to be attached to the motherboard, and then use that sensors reading to govern the CPU fan (I don't remember if it can also apply to other/case fans too).