Jump to content

PC won't start Please guys help

Recently my PC won't start after pressing the power button. I had to wait an hour so then when I press the button ot would power on. But recently it is working even after 2-5 hours. So I thought it might be my PSU issue but my keyboard and headphone rgb turns on when the switch is on. I am not sure what is the reason then PC might not start.

My brother says it might be the mobo issue but if it is the mobo then why is the keyboard and headphone rgb works.Any help will very helpful guys.

17182078942231225662957537294125.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, for one thing, the motherboard can have a lot of different problems with a lot of different features working or not. One piece of it working does not indicate that another isn't broken.

 

I think I see diag lights in the top right of the motherboard. Look up the manual and figure out what the lights mean. 

 

If you can't figure that out or it turns out to not be helpful, try booting with 1 stick of ram at a time in each slot. If one doesn't work, try each slot with the other stick.

 

Does anything ever come up on screen when it does manage to get power and lights on?

AMD 3600x, 16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL14, GTX 1080, and Ungodly Amounts of Storage

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ItTakes2ToMango said:

Well, for one thing, the motherboard can have a lot of different problems with a lot of different features working or not. One piece of it working does not indicate that another isn't broken.

 

I think I see diag lights in the top right of the motherboard. Look up the manual and figure out what the lights mean. 

 

If you can't figure that out or it turns out to not be helpful, try booting with 1 stick of ram at a time in each slot. If one doesn't work, try each slot with the other stick.

 

Does anything ever come up on screen when it does manage to get power and lights on?

I tried shorting the Power SW pin to boot the pc but no response. I think the system connector has some issue

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think your brother might be right here. Do you have any spare motherboards to test the other components with?

Don't tell me to upgrade. I would've done so if I could.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Gaming Riddhesh said:

I tried shorting the Power SW pin to boot the pc but no response. I think the system connector has some issue

Motherboard is fucked

 

Other parts might have gotten fucked with it, but hopefully not. I would stop trying to power it with that in mind now

 

Do you or any friends have access to parts for the same chip set?

AMD 3600x, 16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL14, GTX 1080, and Ungodly Amounts of Storage

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, ItTakes2ToMango said:

Motherboard is fucked

 

Other parts might have gotten fucked with it, but hopefully not. I would stop trying to power it with that in mind now

 

Do you or any friends have access to parts for the same chip set?

I went to a technician, he said there is issue with the IC. Can the issue be solved or there is no hope?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 6/13/2024 at 6:09 PM, ItTakes2ToMango said:

Motherboard is fucked

 

Other parts might have gotten fucked with it, but hopefully not. I would stop trying to power it with that in mind now

 

Do you or any friends have access to parts for the same chip set?

Should I get a new mobo and check of that works or not. Because the other technician said the that the cpu might also damaged due to the faulty mobo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 6/13/2024 at 12:47 AM, vanpuffelen said:

I think your brother might be right here. Do you have any spare motherboards to test the other components with?

Should I get a new mobo and check of that works or not. Because the other technician said the that the cpu might also damaged due to the faulty mobo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Gaming Riddhesh said:

Should I get a new mobo and check of that works or not. Because the other technician said the that the cpu might also damaged due to the faulty mobo.

When your mobo breaks, anything connected to it might also break as well depending on the situation. It would not be a bad idea to test all parts involved. 

 

Whether you get a new mobo or an all new system or some piece of shit to test on, up to you.

AMD 3600x, 16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL14, GTX 1080, and Ungodly Amounts of Storage

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 6/17/2024 at 11:34 AM, Gaming Riddhesh said:

Should I get a new mobo and check of that works or not. Because the other technician said the that the cpu might also damaged due to the faulty mobo.

if you can, then yes. You can check if anything else was damaged, too.

Don't tell me to upgrade. I would've done so if I could.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×