Motherboard issue? or something else?

Veloni

Hello techwizards, i need some help.

About a year ago i upgraded my pc from Intel 9700k + 16B DDR4 to AMD 7900x + 32GB DDR5.

Ever since then i've had a couple of issues with the PC, both having to do with booting.

1. sometimes when i boot up the pc, eveything is just stuttery and i mean everything, even just moving my mouse is stuttery.

First thought is that it's a driver issue, but over the year i've tried every solution i have been able to find and nothing has fixed this issue.

When it happens, i have to shut down the pc completely and then start it up again.

2. Sometimes when trying to boot up my PC, it goes to BIOS instead, closing out of BIOS would cause the PC to reboot and start normally so i never bothered doing any real troubleshooting for this.

Today this happened again and i noticed that my boot drive wasn't detected at all.

I'm not that tech savvy but i started thinking, could there be an issue with my motherboard that's causing both of my problems, or do you guys have any other ideas for what might be causing them?

BIOS is up to date. Any and all ideas are appreciated.

Thanks!

Side note, since the upgrade, every time i boot up my PC, the fans run at high rpm for 10+ seconds before the PC actually boots, i remember googling this some time ago and found someone saying it's normal,

so i just accepted it, just to double check, is it normal?

IMG_3503.JPEG

IMG_3505.JPEG

1 minute ago, Veloni said:

Side note, since the upgrade, every time i boot up my PC, the fans run at high rpm for 10+ seconds before the PC actually boots, i remember googling this some time ago and found someone saying it's normal,

so i just accepted it. To double check that it is normal i've attached a video

I am not sure about your main issue, but I can at least assure you that its normal, fans will normally run full speed until it POSTs, at which point your BIOS has loaded and your fan profile is applied

Apprentice Software Developer

27 minutes ago, Veloni said:

Hello techwizards, i need some help.

About a year ago i upgraded my pc from Intel 9700k + 16B DDR4 to AMD 7900x + 32GB DDR5.

Ever since then i've had a couple of issues with the PC, both having to do with booting.

1. sometimes when i boot up the pc, eveything is just stuttery and i mean everything, even just moving my mouse is stuttery.

First thought is that it's a driver issue, but over the year i've tried every solution i have been able to find and nothing has fixed this issue.

When it happens, i have to shut down the pc completely and then start it up again.

2. Sometimes when trying to boot up my PC, it goes to BIOS instead, closing out of BIOS would cause the PC to reboot and start normally so i never bothered doing any real troubleshooting for this.

Today this happened again and i noticed that my boot drive wasn't detected at all.

I'm not that tech savvy but i started thinking, could there be an issue with my motherboard that's causing both of my problems, or do you guys have any other ideas for what might be causing them?

BIOS is up to date. Any and all ideas are appreciated.

Thanks!

so i just accepted it, just to double check, is it normal?

IMG_3503.JPEG

IMG_3505.JPEG

MSi is know to have issues with their BIOS. Sometimes updating the BIOS helps and then again sometimes it doesn't. You might have to use an older BIOS for stability.  

As @BillBill wrote, update your bios if you can,

You could check your ram with TestMem5 or better Memtest86.

You could replug and reseat everything or at least double check everything is seated to the end.

My MSI PC doesn't do the high rpm, but I did set the fan curves in the Bios. Also set the fans as either DC or PWM.

Edited by leclod

I'm willing to swim against the current.

18 hours ago, leclod said:

As @BillBill wrote, update your bios if you can,

You could check your ram with TestMem5 or better Memtest86.

You could replug and reseat everything or at least double check everything is seated to the end.

My MSI PC doesn't do the high rpm, but I did set the fan curves in the Bios. Also set the fans as either DC or PWM.

Thanks for the suggestions, checked the seating of everything and tested both sticks with Memtest86 and got no errors.