PC build Under $2000 for 3d applications and Rendering

I am a 3d artist, i wanna buy a PC for 3d work and playing games (most used application: maya ),i followed  youtube channel and choose a motherboard " Asus x79 E WS" , but i m confused with the rest components . can you help me out ?? :unsure:  :unsure:  :unsure:  

i7 4930K, 16GB 2133MHZ RAM, 512GB SSD, Either GTX780 or R9 290X. HDD according to your need and a Fractal Design Define R4 to house it all.

I don't want to be rude in any way, shape or form, but... if you're a 3d artist shouldn't you know the hardware you're working with? :huh:

I mean, im not being sarcastic, it just strikes me as odd, thats all :P

A BIT over, but I think you might enjoy 

CPU:  Intel Core i7-4820K 3.7GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($313.96 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard:  ASRock X79 Extreme4 ATX LGA2011 Motherboard  ($205.98 @ SuperBiiz) 
Storage:  PNY Optima 240GB 2.5" Solid State Disk  ($89.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage:  Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($83.97 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card:  PNY GeForce GTX 780 3GB Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($475.91 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply:  EVGA 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($109.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $2055.68
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-05-25 11:09 EDT-0400)

Diamond 5 in League :)

I don't want to be rude in any way, shape or form, but... if you're a 3d artist shouldn't you know the hardware you're working with? :huh:

I mean, im not being sarcastic, it just strikes me as odd, thats all :P

Does he really need to know his hardware? He just knows his software and how to perform with it.

Its like asking an IT Software support what hardware is in their computer, a lot don't know or care.

Diamond 5 in League :)

Does he really need to know his hardware? He just knows his software and how to perform with it.

Its like asking an IT Software support what hardware is in their computer, a lot don't know or care.

Does he really really have to? Well, maybe not.

Should he(she) care? insert opinion here

I only see benefits, for knowing your hardware if you work with anything that has to do with computers. Well guess what, if you know your way around, less questions you have to ask, more advice you can give and the more you know.

About the example you gave above, I don't think that it is that linear. Your software has to run somewhere? Doesnt it? Well, you may use software that isnt going to run on the average household pc, isnt it?

I wonder why people use Workstation pc for rendering etc... :huh: screw your 32Gigs of ram and your i74930

Its not just a matter of "give me the best pc in the world, because I render videos 24/7 (or im a 3d artist for that matter)". Its a matter of knowing if your pc is actually capable of runing the software you need.

You need to know which tools (hardware) you need to perform the task (software) you need /want  ;)

Edit: Just to make it clear that this is odd to me and this post was just a reflection of my own honest opinion. And sorry for off topic ^_^

A BIT over, but I think you might enjoy 

CPU:  Intel Core i7-4820K 3.7GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($313.96 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard:  ASRock X79 Extreme4 ATX LGA2011 Motherboard  ($205.98 @ SuperBiiz) 
Storage:  PNY Optima 240GB 2.5" Solid State Disk  ($89.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage:  Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($83.97 @ OutletPC) 
Power Supply:  EVGA 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($109.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $2055.68
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-05-25 11:09 EDT-0400)

it would actually be better if you switched one 780 for a 4930k, to get more CPU performance for rendering, unless OP does iray or similar

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

From my understandings, CAD software like Maya, depends on strong CPU single core performance, and OpenGL graphics.

An Overclocked 4930k is as good as it gets for single core perofmance, and regarding graphics, you can go for a workstation or consumer GPU. Unless you are doing some serious and intense work, gaming cards offer very similar performance at a better value. 

AMD or Nvidia? Well, I've seen them trading blows quite hard on many OpenGL benchmarks, where AMD most of the times comes up ahead, even the R9 280X a couple of times came ahead of the GTX 780. However depending on the workload, they vary. If the tasks can also benefit from OpenCL, AMD comes at the top.

I would say something like an i7 4770k, 32gbs of ram because more ram is always good, a 120 or 256gb ssd and 2 or 4 tbs of harddrive space, then a nVidia 780 because the software will take advantage of cuda.

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build