Razer Blade 16 i9-13950HX overheating under load

What kind of load are you running when it reaches 100C?

12 minutes ago, abdelghani said:

the CPU is reaching temperatures of 100C and above under load?

Razer Blade 16 i9-13950HX/32GB/2TB SSD/RTX4090 16GB/16″ Dual UHD+FHD+ MINI-LED

https://zonetech.ma/product/razer-blade-16-i9-13950hx-32gb-2tb-ssd-rtx4090-16gb-16″-dual-uhdfhd-mini-led/

It's gonna do that. It's a 13950HX, and it's in a thin laptop. It's gonna get extremely hot under load. It's able to consume up to 157W when turbo-ing.

You bought a thin and light laptop with an i9 in it. What did you expect to happen?

@abdelghani

I was recently helping a user with a Razer Blade 16 with the newer i9-14900HX and the same RTX4090. He is struggling to run the CPU much over 60W without the CPU thermal throttling. The cooling really is that bad. 

For comparison, a similar Lenovo Legion with a 13900HX  has a cooler that can handle up to 180W. Big difference in maximum performance. If it is not too late, return your Razer and get something else. I think similar Asus laptops are also up in the 150W range. 

Razer seems to be using a cooler that is designed for the rated Base Power which is only 55W. 

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/232149/intel-core-i9-13950hx-processor-36m-cache-up-to-5-50-ghz.html

You need to disable Intel Turbo Boost to run one of these HX processors at that low of a power level. You need triple that power for maximum performance. Go run Cinebench R23 and see how you compare to the 35000 points that a Lenovo Legion can score. Ask Razer to explain why the cooler they are using is completely inadequate.