PC won't post or even try to boot

Go to solution Solved by Midnitewarrior4,

Managed to get it to boot to backup bios after repeated attempts. Got the bios reflashed and PC seems to be fine now

Had an issue starting yesterday where the PC decided to start crashing and not booting without a CMOS reset after it locked up during a bios edit. Now today I went to try and reflash the bios but I can't get it to boot to bios at all. PC starts, lights and fans come on but no screen output and no mouse or keyboard. Tried booting to backup bios and won't go. Tried taking the CMOS battery out and jumping the clear CMOS pins with power off (which worked yesterday) and nothing. Can't get it to do anything. Any tips ? Really can't afford to just go out and buy a new cpu/mobo/ram combo right now.

Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

did you know we have a gun thread ? well we do 

and a car thread ! 

pull parts out and see if it gives any error lights , like no ram or gpu

50 minutes ago, emosun said:

pull parts out and see if it gives any error lights , like no ram or gpu

I'm quite sure it's not a hardware issue, I'm sure it's a bios issue or software. It did it yesterday and when I did get it booted I stress tested the cpu/GPU/ram and it was fine. Gammed for a couple hours. But went to restart and same thing. Had to reset CMOS to boot. I managed to get it to boot after spamming the PSU on and off while holding the power button. (Edit- reflashing the bios currently and put a new CMOS battery in to see if I can get something to work)

Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

and a car thread ! 

49 minutes ago, Midnitewarrior4 said:

I'm quite sure it's not a hardware issue, I'm sure it's a bios issue or software. It did it yesterday and when I did get it booted I stress tested the cpu/GPU/ram and it was fine. Gammed for a couple hours. But went to restart and same thing. Had to reset CMOS to boot. I managed to get it to boot after spamming the PSU on and off while holding the power button. (Edit- reflashing the bios currently and put a new CMOS battery in to see if I can get something to work)

ah ok was this meant to be a status update as it's posted in the troubleshooting section.

Just now, emosun said:

ah ok was this meant to be a status update as it's posted in the troubleshooting section.

Nope, just managed to get it turned on from the time I posted to the time you replied. But still didn't solve the original issue of having to reset it every time I restarted. I managed to reflash the bios and seems to be working now. But can't delete the post

Spoiler

and a car thread ! 

Managed to get it to boot to backup bios after repeated attempts. Got the bios reflashed and PC seems to be fine now

Spoiler

and a car thread ! 

2 minutes ago, Midnitewarrior4 said:

Nope, just managed to get it turned on from the time I posted to the time you replied. But still didn't solve the original issue of having to reset it every time I restarted. I managed to reflash the bios and seems to be working now. But can't delete the post

ask a mod and they can do it for you