Which ram should I purchase?

Go to solution Solved by RONOTHAN##,
8 minutes ago, YourFriendBanana said:

I'm pretty sure I'm looking for a DDR4, a 3200mhz CL16 is what I need, but I'm not for sure.

What are the rest of the system specs?

I also don't know how much I need, 32GB or is 16GB enough?

If you can get 32GB, do it. Games are starting to use more than 16GB of RAM, so while you can live with 16GB if you make sure to close background tasks before gaming, it's not usually much more expensive for 32GB (~$10-20 at most) and unless you're on a shoestring budget it's generally worth spending the extra for 32GB. 

14 minutes ago, YourFriendBanana said:

I was looking at the Corsair vengeance, it looks like people like that but I'm just not sure

For the most part, the brand of the RAM doesn't matter, mostly just the speed bin. I'd more go for something cheap than try to get a specific model. 

Hey! I'm not sure what is the best ram to buy, and what's the best for my pc. I've done a bit of research and I'm pretty sure I'm looking for a DDR4, a 3200mhz CL16 is what I need, but I'm not for sure. I also don't know how much I need, 32GB or is 16GB enough? I was looking at the Corsair vengeance, it looks like people like that but I'm just not sure. I appreciate any help. Thanks.

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core Processor, 3801 Mhz, 8 Core, 16 Logical Processor
  • Motherboard
    ROG STRIX B550-A GAMING
  • GPU
    GeForce RTX 3070Ti

I'm pretty sure I'm looking for a DDR4, a 3200mhz CL16 is what I need, but I'm not for sure.

What are the rest of the system specs?

I also don't know how much I need, 32GB or is 16GB enough?

If you can get 32GB, do it. Games are starting to use more than 16GB of RAM, so while you can live with 16GB if you make sure to close background tasks before gaming, it's not usually much more expensive for 32GB (~$10-20 at most) and unless you're on a shoestring budget it's generally worth spending the extra for 32GB. 

14 minutes ago, YourFriendBanana said:

I was looking at the Corsair vengeance, it looks like people like that but I'm just not sure

For the most part, the brand of the RAM doesn't matter, mostly just the speed bin. I'd more go for something cheap than try to get a specific model.