Cpu Temps lower with lower AIO Pump %

I switched to a new case, and my 7800X3D temps would spike like 12 degrees C just by scrolling on the youtube home page. I have an EK AIO Cr-360 D Lux RGB. I unscrewed the pump and screwed it back in just incase it wasn't making full contact. When I held the pump it was warm, and I thought that was weird so I went into my bios and changed the Pump speed to 80% instead of constant 100%. The temps stopped spiking and went back to normal. Does anyone know what causes this? My AIO pump was running at 100% constantly in my old case and I never had any issues.

30 minutes ago, GreenTheTurtle said:

I switched to a new case, and my 7800X3D temps would spike like 12 degrees C just by scrolling on the youtube home page. I have an EK AIO Cr-360 D Lux RGB. I unscrewed the pump and screwed it back in just incase it wasn't making full contact. When I held the pump it was warm, and I thought that was weird so I went into my bios and changed the Pump speed to 80% instead of constant 100%. The temps stopped spiking and went back to normal. Does anyone know what causes this? My AIO pump was running at 100% constantly in my old case and I never had any issues.

When you moved your system to a new case, air bubbles might have gotten trapped in the AIO pump, which could cause the pump to work harder and run at a higher speed to maintain proper cooling. Over time, these air bubbles may have dissipated, allowing the pump to operate more efficiently at lower speeds. the BIOS settings might have been reset to default, which could have caused the AIO pump to run at 100% constantly. By manually adjusting the pump speed to 80% in the BIOS, you were able to reduce the pump's workload and lower the CPU temperatures.

I never thought about air bubbles getting trapped. Thanks for the answer!