heldivers 2 crashing during game play

hi all my buddy keeps getting crashes when playing.

with a bunch of trouble shooting we ran the game when he had 2 sticks of ddr4 16gig rather than his usual 4 sticks of 16 gig and his game seems stable now.

the main issue is that he uses the pc for university and he uses the ram is making virtual desktops for his courses and he would like to keep the 64 gig if possible.
has anyone got any idea why the game is stable with 2 sticks but unstable with 4? 

1 hour ago, monstargh said:

hi all my buddy keeps getting crashes when playing.

with a bunch of trouble shooting we ran the game when he had 2 sticks of ddr4 16gig rather than his usual 4 sticks of 16 gig and his game seems stable now.

the main issue is that he uses the pc for university and he uses the ram is making virtual desktops for his courses and he would like to keep the 64 gig if possible.
has anyone got any idea why the game is stable with 2 sticks but unstable with 4? 

Yes. The RAM and/or CPU memory controller is not stable... the game just is more sensitive to it. His RAM isn't stable when he's using it for making virtual desktops either, and may eventually cause an issue.

We would need his full PC specs for everything else.

• Did he buy two kits of 2 RAM modules?
  • Are they identical kits?
  • Use CPU-Z and get the exact RAM part number from the SPD tab for all 4 slots.
  • Is the RAM overclocked? (XMP/DOCP/EXPO)
  • Is the CPU overclocked?

There is approximately a 117% chance I edited my post.

Please refresh before you reply.

Did a post solve your issue?  Please mark it as the solution!