Start-up guide for a "new" PC Gamer

d3l3t3r

Dear community,

I am jumping from Ryzen 5 2600 and 1070 Ti to Ryzen 5 7600x and RX 4070 Super.

I am keeping my old case and SSD/HDD, Kingston FURY Renegade Gen.4, 1TB, NVMe, M.2. will lead the way here, the rest are just some old fashion HDD for pictures and back-ups.

The new things will be:

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X 4.7GHz box
Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR5 6000MHz CL36 Dual Channel Kit

MSI PRO B650-S WIFI

MSI GeForce RTX 4070 SUPER VENTUS 2X OC 12GB GDDR6X 192-bit DLSS 3.0 (I wish the name will be longer)

Cooler CPU ID-Cooling Frostflow 240 XT (this was free, as gift seems a good deal, I spend another 5$ on ARCTIC AC MX-6, 2 gr)

What should I be aware of while installing this component? I haven't touched PC building since Ryzen 5 2600 was new.

What should I look over in BIOS after building it? I saw in the "kill the PS5" something about "Above 4G decoding" "BAR Support" I don't understand any of these 😄 also for the RAM I bought the ram with ... Z36 instead of C36 in the end because of some sort of AMD technology ..... ? I don't know how to deal with that as well. Is there any other "surprise" that I have to endure? Can I put a small OC on the Ryzen 5 with that cooler and if so any recommendation? I never had an AIO and neither something this good and I want to be sure that everything is at use, since Ryzen 5 2600 I was disconnected from this kind of things. Is something to do to SSD as well via BIOS? Is the same for AIO to apply the thermal paste?
Are there any specific Windows settings as well? I am running W11.

Are there any specific Nvidia settings that I have to work with? I don't care about RTX, but how do I use DLSS 3.0 and ... Boost Nvidia something ... and ... Tensor, Ansel, Reflex. Honestly I just realized that I don't know exactly what I am doing, any kind of help will be greatly appreciated.

Have a good weekend everyone!

5 minutes ago, d3l3t3r said:

saw in the "kill the PS5" something about "Above 4G decoding" "BAR Support" I don't understand any of these 😄

that's for reBar. That can be done later but I do recommend turning it on (as well as rebar) but that can be done after you set up the pc completely

6 minutes ago, d3l3t3r said:

Z36 instead of C36 in the end because of some sort of AMD technology ..... ?

what? do you have a link to it?

6 minutes ago, d3l3t3r said:

Can I put a small OC on the Ryzen 5 with that cooler and if so any recommendation?

you definitely can. Try and get your thermal paste to spread evenly though

7 minutes ago, d3l3t3r said:

Is something to do to SSD as well via BIOS?

should already be set to the highest PCie gen so no

Is the same for AIO to apply the thermal paste?

yes

but how do I use DLSS 3.0 and ... Boost Nvidia something ... and ... Tensor, Ansel, Reflex

these should all be dependent on the game and whether it supports it. If there is a toggle in the game settings (video settings normally) then you can enable it. That's mostly for DLSS and Reflex

9 minutes ago, d3l3t3r said:

What should I be aware of while installing this component?

use this guide to update your bios (but this can be done after setting your pc up)

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

1 hour ago, filpo said:

that's for reBar. That can be done later but I do recommend turning it on (as well as rebar) but that can be done after you set up the pc completely

what? do you have a link to it?

you definitely can. Try and get your thermal paste to spread evenly though

should already be set to the highest PCie gen so no

yes

these should all be dependent on the game and whether it supports it. If there is a toggle in the game settings (video settings normally) then you can enable it. That's mostly for DLSS and Reflex

use this guide to update your bios (but this can be done after setting your pc up)

From Corsair website:
"CMK32GX5M2E6000C36 - CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5, optimized for Intel® motherboards, delivers higher frequencies and greater capacities of DDR5 technology in a high-quality, compact module that suits your system"
"CMK32GX5M2D6000Z36 - Deliver the higher frequencies and greater capacities of DDR5 RAM technology in a high-quality, compact DDR5 memory module that suits your AMD® Ryzen™ AM5 system"

So I took the "Z36" to be sure.

Thank you for all the nice information, I really appreciate it!