Rtx 3060 firmware brick

eddie3
Go to solution Solved by eddie3,

Good news  I fix the gpu  I was right the hole time  the firmware was corrupted and stuck  I have a pc bench test/repair station  the company refused to fix it so when it came back I put in gpu no software install disabled the gpu and re able it  then load bios use the c command it erase it and was able to install a new bios  in the gou  lights went away and working 100%

How do you un brick a aorus 3060 elite 12gb ver 2.0  the firmware is brick card work but can't fix the issue the card power pins lights are stuck on and when trying to fix it the firmware loads and goes away  won't fix the issue 

28 minutes ago, eddie3 said:

How do you un brick a aorus 3060 elite 12gb ver 2.0  the firmware is brick card work but can't fix the issue the card power pins lights are stuck on and when trying to fix it the firmware loads and goes away  won't fix the issue 

How did you brick it? I guess it wont display anything and you're using iGPU? Can you see it in device manager? With error 43 or something?

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

44 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

How did you brick it? I guess it wont display anything and you're using iGPU? Can you see it in device manager? With error 43 or something?

The firmware Brick from a blue screen crash.  The gpu still works and displays  and can play games but can't un brick the firmware the power plug pins lights stay on now 

6 minutes ago, eddie3 said:

The firmware Brick from a blue screen crash.  The gpu still works and displays  and can play games but can't un brick the firmware the power plug pins lights stay on now 

Sounds unlikely that it would brick anything. From what i read online, its more likely to an issue with your PSU. If the power leds are lighting up, the card might be blocking from updating firmware as a safety feature. 

Edit: If you can, test the card in another PC or try with another PSU

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

I did all that it the same thing  on a different psu and motherboard  same issue  power pins lights still on and firmware won't load it loads and go away so it stuck

• 2 weeks later...

Good news  I fix the gpu  I was right the hole time  the firmware was corrupted and stuck  I have a pc bench test/repair station  the company refused to fix it so when it came back I put in gpu no software install disabled the gpu and re able it  then load bios use the c command it erase it and was able to install a new bios  in the gou  lights went away and working 100%