Jump to content

Peladn Graphics Cards - Too good to be true?

Harlem_Shaker

image.png.3a3f56d11e01c827535f15db629d750b.png

 

So I stopped browsing Newegg a long time ago.  But I randomly clicked a promotional email today and saw an RX580 listed for $85.00. (USD - am based in the US).  I have an old Dell i7 77xx machine laying around and this GPU could fit right in with the six pin power connector.  Throw in a cheap SSD and my 8 year old has the computer he's been begging for.

The real question here is, can GPU Z be really easily tricked?  They go out of their way to show images of GPU Z on the posting which honestly throws up more red flags than not for me.  I don't need anything crazy and this would kind of fit the bill of what I'd like to end up with.

Is there a way to verify the actual card without removing the shroud/cooler and checking the chipsets?  I would hope that if there was a problem I'd be covered by Newegg's newer Marketplace Purchase Protection and be able to get a refund if necessary.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

https://www.newegg.com/peladn-rx-580/p/27N-008H-00031?Item=9SIAVWRK490867&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=promo&utm_campaign=EMC-Automation022824-USA-_-EMC-022824-Index-_-GPUs/VideoGraphicsCards-_-9SIAVWRK490867-_-USA_PromoEmail_20240228_01&ignorebbr=1&cm_mmc=EMC-Automation022824-USA-_-EMC-022824-Index-_-GPUs/VideoGraphicsCards-_-9SIAVWRK490867-_-USA_PromoEmail_20240228_01&ignorebbr=1&cvtc=14517294

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

You can get RX 580's for less than this secondhand. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

 

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Harlem_Shaker said:

image.png.3a3f56d11e01c827535f15db629d750b.png

 

So I stopped browsing Newegg a long time ago.  But I randomly clicked a promotional email today and saw an RX580 listed for $85.00. (USD - am based in the US).  I have an old Dell i7 77xx machine laying around and this GPU could fit right in with the six pin power connector.  Throw in a cheap SSD and my 8 year old has the computer he's been begging for.

The real question here is, can GPU Z be really easily tricked?  They go out of their way to show images of GPU Z on the posting which honestly throws up more red flags than not for me.  I don't need anything crazy and this would kind of fit the bill of what I'd like to end up with.

Is there a way to verify the actual card without removing the shroud/cooler and checking the chipsets?  I would hope that if there was a problem I'd be covered by Newegg's newer Marketplace Purchase Protection and be able to get a refund if necessary.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

https://www.newegg.com/peladn-rx-580/p/27N-008H-00031?Item=9SIAVWRK490867&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=promo&utm_campaign=EMC-Automation022824-USA-_-EMC-022824-Index-_-GPUs/VideoGraphicsCards-_-9SIAVWRK490867-_-USA_PromoEmail_20240228_01&ignorebbr=1&cm_mmc=EMC-Automation022824-USA-_-EMC-022824-Index-_-GPUs/VideoGraphicsCards-_-9SIAVWRK490867-_-USA_PromoEmail_20240228_01&ignorebbr=1&cvtc=14517294

PELADN can be a bit of a hit and miss, they have been found to be using used chips bought from Chinese websites but many people have been very happy with them, plenty of PELADN RTX 3070 users that are happy.

But you can get a RX 580 on the used market for less.

 

What you can do is test it on with a few GPU Benchmarking tools and compare them to other RX 580 scores and see if you are within those scores 🙂

The RX 580 is actually still a pretty decent 1080p and holds up really well!  A friend of mine JUUST upgraded from her 580' 3 weeks ago and it was still holding up quite nicely.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Performance against other 580s is how you would verify the card without dismantling it, assuming no thermal throttling is present.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Peladn is a real aib, kinda. And that’s a pretty normal price for a remanufactured RX 580

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

i don't know how thats a good price?  i guess it's ok for *new* though (but is it really?  probably not...)

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

 

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

i don't know how thats a good price?  i guess it's ok for *new* though (but is it really?  probably not...)

Out of curiosity, what would you consider a good price?  I looked on eBay and saw a lot the rx580s going for 65-80+ dollars...used (and some specifically mention mining).  I guess I just figure brand new for a few bucks more is probably the way to go if I were to decide to do this.  

Not trying to be argumentative please educate me if I'm missing something obvious. 🙂 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 3/2/2024 at 12:29 AM, Harlem_Shaker said:

Out of curiosity, what would you consider a good price?  I looked on eBay and saw a lot the rx580s going for 65-80+ dollars...used (and some specifically mention mining).  I guess I just figure brand new for a few bucks more is probably the way to go if I were to decide to do this.  

Not trying to be argumentative please educate me if I'm missing something obvious. 🙂 

after looking into this, you're right the price is reasonable, i wasn't aware these cards still sell for so much, especially new ones...

 

so while you could get a used one cheaper i wonder if that's worth it considering the condition its probably in... so this card while a bit dodgy seems like an ok deal and i suppose you have warranty on it? 

 

but all things considered, yeah i would probably go with this one. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

 

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 3/1/2024 at 5:29 PM, Harlem_Shaker said:

Out of curiosity, what would you consider a good price?  I looked on eBay and saw a lot the rx580s going for 65-80+ dollars...used (and some specifically mention mining).  I guess I just figure brand new for a few bucks more is probably the way to go if I were to decide to do this.  

Not trying to be argumentative please educate me if I'm missing something obvious. 🙂 

None of them are “new”, at least not in the context one would consider a conventional new GPU to be new.

Theyre remanufactured cards, either a rebuilt pcb or recycled components on a new pcb, with a new basic cooler slapped on.


Theres practically speaking very little difference between them and used options.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×