PC freaks out when hit by chair

BrandonLatzig
Go to solution Solved by bal723,
6 minutes ago, BrandonLatzig said:

So my computer's video output goes out, audio is still there and the fans kick into overdrive when I had accidently hit my pc with my chair by rolling into it. Restarting it seems to fix everything but what is going on?

hitting pc nowdays works unlike before, before it solved everything, now it breaks everything, just basically hitting it is a bad idea

So my computer's video output goes out, audio is still there and the fans kick into overdrive when I had accidently hit my pc with my chair by rolling into it. Restarting it seems to fix everything but what is going on?

6 minutes ago, BrandonLatzig said:

hitting pc nowdays works unlike before, before it solved everything, now it breaks everything, just basically hitting it is a bad idea

Just now, bal723 said:

true, and I will not intend to hit it again. I was just wondering if I should be more worried or not

There's probably a connection somewhere (RAM stick or GPU is most likely, but I've seen power cables behave like that as well) that's not fully secured and therefore is getting disconnected and reconnected when you bump it. 

That said, I'd probably just go for the solution of moving it to somewhere where you can't roll a chair into it. Most computers aren't designed to be bumped into on a semi-regular basis. 

17 minutes ago, BrandonLatzig said:

i read the title as kid freaks out when hit by chair
Also sounds like a cable is loose.
Also don't hit your PC

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

42 minutes ago, BrandonLatzig said:

I believe when it gets hit, the gpu power connector becomes loose which gives insufficient power to the gpu. This happened to my card too. Try seeing the gpu power connector is plugged in all the way.