What are the best silent GPUs without coil whine?

daaalexx

Is there any particular models in the price range of max. $900 that are known to have no coil whine? I honestly hate nothing more than a noisy GPU.

I had an RX 6950 Red Devil - insane coil whine.

So I decided to pay a bit premium and go for a RX 7900 Nitro + for $880 - COIL WHINE. I even ordered a second one.. It was even worse than the first.

Is there any graphics cards that likely wont rape my ear with thouse sounds? I just want a silent GPU, nothing more, nothing less.

I even tried a different PSU today (Seasonic Focus GX-1000) and with that one I had even more coil whine..

My frustration is a 9/10 at this point and I do not know what to do anymore. I built my dream PC, looking fancy af and its making the most unpleasant noises a PC ever made in my 20 year gaming career..

Lower power cards in general.

Coil whine is not consistent or easily avoidable. You could have two identical gpus and one could be entirely silent in terms of coil whine and the other could be the worst example ever heard by man. It’s just the nature of mass manufactured inductors.

The only somewhat consistent thing to reduce coil whine is having less inductors, which is lower power cards.

If you want to reduce the chances of coil whine. Get a platinum or titanium rated 450w power supply, a 750ti or gt 1030, and down out any noises it makes with headphones and a dozen case fans.

11 minutes ago, daaalexx said:

Is there any particular models in the price range of max. $900 that are known to have no coil whine? I honestly hate nothing more than a noisy GPU.

I had an RX 6950 Red Devil - insane coil whine.

So I decided to pay a bit premium and go for a RX 7900 Nitro + for $880 - COIL WHINE. I even ordered a second one.. It was even worse than the first.

Is there any graphics cards that likely wont rape my ear with thouse sounds? I just want a silent GPU, nothing more, nothing less.

I even tried a different PSU today (Seasonic Focus GX-1000) and with that one I had even more coil whine..

My frustration is a 9/10 at this point and I do not know what to do anymore. I built my dream PC, looking fancy af and its making the most unpleasant noises a PC ever made in my 20 year gaming career..

Get a better case. Get a BE Quiet! case and turn the fans up higher and place it further away.

Coil whine is a multi factor issue, but there is no guarantee to avoid it.

6 minutes ago, 8tg said:

The only somewhat consistent thing to reduce coil whine is having less inductors, which is lower power cards

Lowering the amount of power going through any number of inductors also works, so getting a card with coil whine and power limiting it significantly can also help a lot of the time. Not always, my 6900 XT will whine at idle will still whine like mad, but most cards I've used have had good luck with that.