49" Deco Gear ultrawide??? Why is there not one review on the internet?

DeAudrick

So I have been in the market for a 49" ultrawide so I can geek out in Star Citizen with all my dorky digital ships.  I see Deco Gear selling 49" ultrawides for REALLY competitive prices but NO reviews ANYWHERE.  I know that you guys are really good at doing ratings and I trust your reviews.  I can't believe I said that I trust a reviewer but there it is.  I do.  You guys are thorough and often are surprised by your results.  Nice.  Anyway I would love it if you gave this one a shot.  Maybe a comparison with other 49" curved ultrawides on the market? 

You get what you pay for. 

It seems they have two, a 3840x1080 model (immediately ignore, that resolution is trash for how large it is) and a proper 5120x1440 model

The only way that compares to something like a G9 or G9 Neo is the size and resolution, that actual panel is likely going to be awful. How awful, someone would have to test it you are probably the exception for someone who would want something like this. For the price they're asking, you can get an actual good 1440p 240Hz OLED (or close to it). 

It appears to be an entry level display in specs just larger. If you aren't really into displays and only want the size/resolution, this might be OK for you.

ah yes.. deco gear, the company known from such products as carpets, a fitness trampoline, portable washing machines, and gaming peripherals.

i'll do the review for you: find a different monitor with the exact same specs, if it's not cheaper it means that something is wrong with the ones deco gear is selling. either way, please avoid like the plague.

16 minutes ago, DeAudrick said:

Maybe a comparison with other 49" curved ultrawides on the market? 

The next best non VA Samsung Odyssey G9 G93SC 49.0" 5120 x 1440 240 Hz Curved Monitor (LS49CG932SNXZA) - PCPartPicker

Cheapest VA (but it doesn't look great) Monoprice Dark Matter 49.0" 5120 x 1440 120 Hz Curved Monitor (43305) - PCPartPicker

the first VA i'd actually buy Asus ROG Strix XG49WCR 49.0" 5120 x 1440 165 Hz Curved Monitor (90LM08I0-B011B0) - PCPartPicker

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

Avoid Deco Gear, they're not very good, if you're looking for a 49" Ultra Wide on a budget go for the ASUS XG49WCR, or snag a used Odyssey G9 or G9 Neo. I have an Odyssey G9 Neo I got for $700 open box. It looked as though it hadn't even been touched, and is still under warranty. But I see them go for below $700 online all of the time, check Facebook Marketplace for local listings. If you're in a decently large area or close by one you can probably find a good deal fairly easily.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

2 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

I have an Odyssey G9 Neo I got for $700 open box

Deal of the century right there. Congrats.