2060s and PSU

Darkharry

I got a i7 4790 and i was watching a video from "The Game Bench" where he compared i5s with i7s and since gtx 1080 is very close to 2060S in performance i thought if i should get a 2060S for 150e? And should i get a LC Power "LC 1000M V 2.31" which is gold rated and i found it on PSU tierlist and i found it in i think eithet tier B mid range or Speculative position, i can get it for 70e

What resolution and refresh are you targeting? 
A 4790 with a good cooler is struggling these days even with 1080p

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

11 minutes ago, Darkharry said:

I got a i7 4790 and i was watching a video from "The Game Bench" where he compared i5s with i7s and since gtx 1080 is very close to 2060S in performance i thought if i should get a 2060S for 150e? And should i get a LC Power "LC 1000M V 2.31" which is gold rated and i found it on PSU tierlist and i found it in i think eithet tier B mid range or Speculative position, i can get it for 70e

It sounds great, the i7 4790 is still a good chip and if you want the 2060 go for it.

If your planning on upgrading in the future you would have to do a big upgrade on your chip, you must change the chip together with the rams and even the cooler maybe.

The RTX 2060 Super is comparable in performance to the RX 6600, so I would also look at what the pricing is like for that card new in your region. They may be at a similar price.

Otherwise, 150€ for an RTX 2060 Super isn't a bad price. It's still a perfectly capable card and it has access to DLSS, which helps a lot in newer titles.

21 minutes ago, OddOod said:

What resolution and refresh are you targeting? 
A 4790 with a good cooler is struggling these days even with 1080p

Well right now im playing on 60hz and 1366x768 which i will upgrade this summer probably and i planned to upgrade my whole pc basically and taking this PSU and GPU would help me a lot for the future because i would otherwise have to pay more for parts

12 minutes ago, Blazepoint5 said:

It sounds great, the i7 4790 is still a good chip and if you want the 2060 go for it.

If your planning on upgrading in the future you would have to do a big upgrade on your chip, you must change the chip together with the rams and even the cooler maybe.

Yes i already got every part selected which i will upgrade this summer but taking the 2060S for 150e and PSU for 50e since my friend changed the price i think its not a bad deal at all i just dont know if PSU is fine

25 minutes ago, YoungBlade said:

The RTX 2060 Super is comparable in performance to the RX 6600, so I would also look at what the pricing is like for that card new in your region. They may be at a similar price.

Otherwise, 150€ for an RTX 2060 Super isn't a bad price. It's still a perfectly capable card and it has access to DLSS, which helps a lot in newer titles.

I looked at multiple sites for rx 6600 and i could find them in a range of 150e-170e and my friend can sell me the PSU for 50e or the gpu for 130e however you wanna interpret it so i think it has DLSS as you mentioned so i think i will stick with 2060S and upgrade basically everything in the future

52 minutes ago, Darkharry said:

Yes i already got every part selected which i will upgrade this summer but taking the 2060S for 150e and PSU for 50e since my friend changed the price i think its not a bad deal at all i just dont know if PSU is fine

Just tell him that you would do a test before you buy, get the psu from him and plug your rig and play some heavy intensive game and run the pc for a whole avrage game session (8-12h) then you decide if to get it or not.