New Nvidia drivers 551.61 and new Control panel-ish?

PepeRTXLover

So yesterday I found out, that Nvidia released another new drivers, so I went to Reddit as usually lately, to get more less if I can update them or no. Overall comments are alright, so not much of issues, but I noticed that someone mentioned about new Nvidia App, so I downloaded it and that's something I was waiting on, for a long time, since AMD goes outside with their better looking Adrenaline software. I know some people may like old looking, like win 98 NVCP, but as leadership company, quite expensive, it would be nice to have some refreshings isn't ? 

For now it's Beta, and there's also Control panel you can go to find other settings, but half of those most common, are already in New Nvidia App, which is great in my opinion, because it's a good direction, to connect all those apps, into just one, and also you don't have to create any account to using it, such as Nvidia Experience. If outside of the Beta, this will indeed become just one app, then I would be pleased so much. 

What your thoughts guys about new Nvidia App ? 

3 minutes ago, PepeRTXLover said:

So yesterday I found out, that Nvidia released another new drivers, so I went to Reddit as usually lately, to get more less if I can update them or no. Overall comments are alright, so not much of issues, but I noticed that someone mentioned about new Nvidia App, so I downloaded it and that's something I was waiting on, for a long time, since AMD goes outside with their better looking Adrenaline software. I know some people may like old looking, like win 98 NVCP, but as leadership company, quite expensive, it would be nice to have some refreshings isn't ? 

For now it's Beta, and there's also Control panel you can go to find other settings, but half of those most common, are already in New Nvidia App, which is great in my opinion, because it's a good direction, to connect all those apps, into just one, and also you don't have to create any account to using it, such as Nvidia Experience. If outside of the Beta, this will indeed become just one app, then I would be pleased so much. 

Im an amd user but seeing them having a good app now, its great .

7 minutes ago, Blazepoint5 said:

Im an amd user but seeing them having a good app now, its great .

What ya talking about? Nvidia control panel is the goat. Why you think they used it for so long. Experience on the other hand, not so much.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

I'm okay with the good old NVCP's Win XP looking interface. What I'm not okay with is the sheer lagginess of NVCP, like it takes full seconds to change settings on a friggin modern day gaming PC. Hope this new NVIDIA app thing will resolve that.

Also I miss being able to configure GPU clocks and volts from the same app, like I could in AMD Adrenalin back in my AMD GPU-owning days, instead of having to use a separate app (e.g. MSI Afterburner). NVIDIA should add this to their new app.

Noelle best girl

PC specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Deepcool GAMMAXX 400 V2 64.5 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: ASRock B450M Steel Legend Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard, BIOS P4.60
Memory: ADATA XPG 32GB GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory
Storage: HP EX900 500 GB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, PNY CS900 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Video Card: Colorful iGame RTX 4060 Ti 16GB
Power Supply: Cooler Master MWE Bronze V2 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN881ND 802.11a/b/g/n PCIe x1 Wifi adapter
Monitor: Acer QG240Y S3 24.0" 1920 x 1080 180Hz Monitor

So nvidia is merging nvidia control panel and nvidia experience into one app now? LOL if they are locking nvidia settings behind an nvidia account (like nvidia experience), soon to be a subscription model. 🤔

45 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

What ya talking about? Nvidia control panel is the goat. Why you think they used it for so long. Experience on the other hand, not so much.

I have used it back years ago on my windows xp pc, and compaired to amd the gui/ui is better. But now they have something like that so irs great.

2 hours ago, PepeRTXLover said:

What do I think about a control panel that I open once in a blue moon ?

As long it works and not causing trouble for something else.

Be it old time look, or new look.

If they ditch the old one at some point, I sure hope the new one at the very least is bug-free & doesn't cause much impact at startup since it's now joined on the hip with Geforce Experience.

Kinda curious though...,

Adrenaline probably does being used and opened more since it's probably also a tuning tool & probably stream/record tool  for some people.

So I get people wanting better look or whatever.

NVCP ? ..... Ionno.., I myself open them like 2 times in the past 5 months, and that's only for initial setup after a DDU, and the 2nd to kinda troubleshoot a game. Which "problem" turned out to be the game hating undervolt/msi afterburner/RTSS/Moonlight instead of a certain settings' fault in NVCP.

I do agree the lag in old NVCP should be addressed though.

There's a lot of old timey look around, and most likely being seen much more often than old NVCP.

Process Lasso, Afterburner curve editor, RTSS, HwInfo, HD Sentinel, 7-zip, etc

Even in windows itself.

Windoes.thumb.png.2c02c793fb239e29eb875e22ebf520e8.png

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

1 hour ago, Blazepoint5 said:

I have used it back years ago on my windows xp pc, and compaired to amd the gui/ui is better. But now they have something like that so irs great.

The only issue I got with AMD adrenalin is that I can't get a version that doesn't include FPS counter, tuning utility while having per game/program options like Nvidia control panel. In a way I liked catalyst control center better

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

On 2/23/2024 at 11:53 AM, DoctorNick said:

The only issue I got with AMD adrenalin is that I can't get a version that doesn't include FPS counter, tuning utility while having per game/program options like Nvidia control panel. In a way I liked catalyst control center better

Dont you want fps counter? It is toggleable on or off, its not a by force future.

On 2/24/2024 at 12:24 PM, Blazepoint5 said:

Dont you want fps counter? It is toggleable on or off, its not a by force future.

Yes but even on off its still on. Even when running the simple installation af adrenalin0its on. You can see it in hwinfo64

FS in Denmark/EU:

4 hours ago, DoctorNick said:

Yes but even on off its still on. Even when running the simple installation af adrenalin0its on. You can see it in hwinfo64

I've never experienced such thing. 

On 2/23/2024 at 3:17 AM, PepeRTXLover said:

So far it seems fine and a bit less clunky than the NV Experience app. I haven't done any advanced config in it yet.

On 2/23/2024 at 3:51 AM, emothxughts said:

What I'm not okay with is the sheer lagginess of NVCP, like it takes full seconds to change settings on a friggin modern day gaming PC. Hope this new NVIDIA app thing will resolve that.

I didn't experience that much with a 5600X and SSD, but yes sometimes it would take a full second or two when clicking OK/Apply.

On 2/23/2024 at 3:51 AM, emothxughts said:

Also I miss being able to configure GPU clocks and volts from the same app, like I could in AMD Adrenalin back in my AMD GPU-owning days

If NVIDIA doesn't want AIBs doing much in terms of extra GPU hardware or OC, then yeah I'm not going to expect their overlay from doing the same. Doesn't mean it's right, but I get it from a company with an Apple-like wall garden for their hardware. That said, their relatively new overlay does allow config of power, temp, and fan targets.

On 2/23/2024 at 4:07 AM, C2dan88 said:

LOL if they are locking nvidia settings behind an nvidia account (like nvidia experience), soon to be a subscription model. 🤔

No, the new combined control panel thing in beta does not require an account login. Hopefully that won't change when it gets out of beta, we'll see.