I Just need help with parts for a new pc

Go to solution Solved by RONOTHAN##,
23 minutes ago, XSBardock said:

I’m pretty sure the Ryzen 9 7900X3D is compatible with the motherboard, but even if it isn’t, I highly doubt it’s the very best pick for mostly gaming, so if there’s a cheaper and better performing CPU out there, that’d be cool

It is compatible, but if you're just gaming the cheaper 7800X3D is both faster and less likely to run into scheduling issues. 

GPU: thinking of a Radeon RX 7800 XT, but if that doesn’t work, just a good GPU with 16gb that’s around 700, maybe less

I mean, if the budget is $2000, you should be able to get something like a 7900 XTX for this system. 

Ram: Idk what ram sticks to pick, but hopefully there’s some good 32gb kit that’s white, and possibly rgb

There's dozens that exist. Just try to get something that's rated at 6000 CL30/32 and you should be fine. 

storage: pretty easy, I’m thinking a tb ssd, but idk if WD, Samsung, or some other company is the best

I'd try to get a 2TB drive instead, and there are plenty of decent drives on the market for cheap. 

Cooler: I’m really confused about the cooler, but i was thinking maybe a h150i elite capellix, but if that doesn’t work, I’m really wanting for a triple fan water cooler that’s like it

If you go 7800X3D, you can get by with a much cheaper cooler. A $35 air cooler is plenty to keep that chip cool, and that would let you put the rest of that money on a better GPU or games to play on it. If you really want to go for an AIO, there are a couple good options like the Arctic Liquid Freezer II (or III that just released) or Deepcool LS series that shouldn't cost that much. 

Power Supply: I got no clue what the wattage could be, maybe a 850w? Whatever works as long as the cables are white

Something like an MSI A850GL PCIE5 would work, though the cables aren't white on that. If you really want white cables for the aesthetic, you would probably be better off getting white sleeved cables separately than using the white insulation cables that you would get with a white PSU, especially since it shouldn't cost that much more to get replacement cables than it would to spend the extra on a white PSU in the first place. 

EDIT: Forgot you had the Project Zero motherboard. That would mean you wouldn't be able to see the cables in the first place, meaning that the only one where it would matter is the GPU, and just replacing the GPU cables would only be ~$30. Not worth spending the extra on a white PSU for that. 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/DwmqXk

so I’m really new at building PCs, and I’m pretty confident in the parts, but I’m in need of a bit of help with compatibility

Right now, I only have 2 parts, those being a B650M Project Zero and a MagPano M100R as a gift, and I’m hoping that these would be good enough for at least a mid-tier pc (case is white)

My budgets around 2k, if you aren’t including the case and motherboard, but it can be over or under

Now, there are maybe a few parts that I’ve picked out that I’m not sure are compatible with each other, but also maybe you can help with some suggestions too

CPU: I’m pretty sure the Ryzen 9 7900X3D is compatible with the motherboard, but even if it isn’t, I highly doubt it’s the very best pick for mostly gaming, so if there’s a cheaper and better performing CPU out there, that’d be cool

GPU: thinking of a Radeon RX 7800 XT, but if that doesn’t work, just a good GPU with 16gb that’s around 700, maybe less

Ram: Idk what ram sticks to pick, but hopefully there’s some good 32gb kit that’s white, and possibly rgb

storage: pretty easy, I’m thinking a tb ssd, but idk if WD, Samsung, or some other company is the best

Cooler: I’m really confused about the cooler, but i was thinking maybe a h150i elite capellix, but if that doesn’t work, I’m really wanting for a triple fan water cooler that’s like it

Power Supply: I got no clue what the wattage could be, maybe a 850w? Whatever works as long as the cables are white

I know this is long, but I just really wanna make sure that I’m building a pretty good pc and just wanna make sure all the parts are compatible. Thanks

Just realized that this format was pretty terrible, idk why I deleted the original one, and I’m sorry for that

I’m pretty sure the Ryzen 9 7900X3D is compatible with the motherboard, but even if it isn’t, I highly doubt it’s the very best pick for mostly gaming, so if there’s a cheaper and better performing CPU out there, that’d be cool

It is compatible, but if you're just gaming the cheaper 7800X3D is both faster and less likely to run into scheduling issues. 

I mean, if the budget is $2000, you should be able to get something like a 7900 XTX for this system. 

There's dozens that exist. Just try to get something that's rated at 6000 CL30/32 and you should be fine. 

I'd try to get a 2TB drive instead, and there are plenty of decent drives on the market for cheap. 

If you go 7800X3D, you can get by with a much cheaper cooler. A $35 air cooler is plenty to keep that chip cool, and that would let you put the rest of that money on a better GPU or games to play on it. If you really want to go for an AIO, there are a couple good options like the Arctic Liquid Freezer II (or III that just released) or Deepcool LS series that shouldn't cost that much. 

Something like an MSI A850GL PCIE5 would work, though the cables aren't white on that. If you really want white cables for the aesthetic, you would probably be better off getting white sleeved cables separately than using the white insulation cables that you would get with a white PSU, especially since it shouldn't cost that much more to get replacement cables than it would to spend the extra on a white PSU in the first place. 

EDIT: Forgot you had the Project Zero motherboard. That would mean you wouldn't be able to see the cables in the first place, meaning that the only one where it would matter is the GPU, and just replacing the GPU cables would only be ~$30. Not worth spending the extra on a white PSU for that. 

1 hour ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Sorry but there’s just one thing to ask. For like every GPU, there’s always the different variations, and made by different company’s, but mostly they look different. I’m probably guessing that these different “looks” are just for visual appeal, but I just wanted to double check, and if they are, I could spend a couple hundred less on the same model. Thanks again for the help though

1 minute ago, XSBardock said:

Sorry but there’s just one thing to ask. For like every GPU, there’s always the different variations, and made by different company’s, but mostly they look different. I’m probably guessing that these different “looks” are just for visual appeal, but I just wanted to double check, and if they are, I could spend a couple hundred less on the same model. Thanks again for the help though

Alright that sounds confusing, say like Radeon sells a GPU for 900, but ASUS is selling the same GPU for 1500, but it looks different, would they still perform around the same?

9 minutes ago, XSBardock said:

I’m probably guessing that these different “looks” are just for visual appeal, but I just wanted to double check, and if they are, I could spend a couple hundred less on the same model.

For the most part yeah, the difference between any two GPUs with the same chipset is aesthetics. There are definitely exceptions to that rule, cards that are very overbuilt like the Galax HOF series, EVGA K|NGP|N Editions, or for the 7900 XTX the ASRock Aqua will perform noticeably better, while cards that are exceedingly underbuilt like older reference cards will perform worse, but most cards will perform within 2-3% of each other. 

The main reason I was willing to recommend that card though is that it isn't actually that much more expensive than other 7900 XTXs. The cheapest 7900 XTX is $920 US, while the one in the list I recommended is $980, so a $60 difference for white aesthetics. I just figured you had the budget and were rather aesthetically minded with how you described it, so you might as well spend the extra for it. 

7 minutes ago, XSBardock said:

Alright that sounds confusing, say like Radeon sells a GPU for 900, but ASUS is selling the same GPU for 1500, but it looks different, would they still perform around the same?

It would likely depend on the exact cards, but it's doubtful that they would perform noticeably different. Again, it's only a handful of very overbuilt cards that will perform better outside of the 2-3% margin of error between cards, so unless it's something like the ASUS Matrix cards it's not going to perform much better than say an ASRock Phantom Gaming or XFX MERC 310. 

12 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

For the most part yeah, the difference between any two GPUs with the same chipset is aesthetics. There are definitely exceptions to that rule, cards that are very overbuilt like the Galax HOF series, EVGA K|NGP|N Editions, or for the 7900 XTX the ASRock Aqua will perform noticeably better, while cards that are exceedingly underbuilt like older reference cards will perform worse, but most cards will perform within 2-3% of each other. 

The main reason I was willing to recommend that card though is that it isn't actually that much more expensive than other 7900 XTXs. The cheapest 7900 XTX is $920 US, while the one in the list I recommended is $980, so a $60 difference for white aesthetics. I just figured you had the budget and were rather aesthetically minded with how you described it, so you might as well spend the extra for it. 

It would likely depend on the exact cards, but it's doubtful that they would perform noticeably different. Again, it's only a handful of very overbuilt cards that will perform better outside of the 2-3% margin of error between cards, so unless it's something like the ASUS Matrix cards it's not going to perform much better than say an ASRock Phantom Gaming or XFX MERC 310. 

Yeah it sounded pretty stupid but I just wanted to make sure. Thanks for the help

Just now, XSBardock said:

Yeah it sounded pretty stupid but I just wanted to make sure. Thanks for the help

Na, it wasn't a stupid question. 10+ years ago it did actually make a difference, where getting say an EVGA FTW card would get you noticeably better performance compared to a base model blower design because a) the silicon variance from chip to chip was much higher back then and could therefore bin much better cards into those higher end models, and b) GPU boost wasn't a thing so the higher end cards were just clocked 10-15% faster, resulting in a 10-15% faster card. 

Nowadays though, the difference between the best and worst GPUs is 100-200MHz when overclocked at most, which on cards that clock to nearly 3GHz is practically nothing, and GPU boost algorithms will run basically every GPU you can find within 100MHz of each other out of the box. Because the clock speeds end up about the same, the performance ends up about the same, and therefore you're better off buying more based off aesthetics than anything. The only reason the overbuilt cards can perform noticeably better is that they are almost always the top 0.1% of GPUs a company can get and they're coupled with software bypassing limits placed by the manufacturer (the 7900 XTX Aqua, for instance, has a 600W power limit compared to the ~400W limit of all the other 7900 XTXs).