Why do Schools use MACS?

mr.skyrim_pc

I have to do a powerpoint project for school on why schools would use macs vs PCs. I cant think of that many reasons for them to use a mac. PIease give me some suggestions.

In all the schools I know of, None use macs...

" If you don't hand your homework In, I might have find where you live and break your House." <<-- Mr Leat, 2013

You cannot compare thick heavy gaming laptops with the macbook air 

you said you made your point and do not wish to discuss this further, and that's fine with me although I'm not convinced. however, just one thing must be said: I never mentioned gaming laptops. all laptops I compared the macbooks to were designed for a work environment or personal productivity and don't suffer from the defects of gaming laptops such as battery life.

also, I suggest you don't buy from alienware. I can see now why you think macbooks are reasonably priced, alienware is even worse in that regard.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

a good chunk of competing notebooks have those. iris pro graphics are part of the intel cpu, they are not made by apple.

show it (the good chunk) to me pls :)

maybe not 'made by', but maybe 'made for'

edit:

then ...

a friend of mine has an i7 based laptop with dedicated gpu that cost her about as much as an i3 based macbook air with no iris pro.

show me the i3 based macbook air

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

Unfortunately, Macs are capable of having viruses too. Any computer can get a virus. But compared to Windows, the chances are so slim.

nope, no viruses ...

security holes, trojaners etc.

show it (the good chunk) to me pls :)

maybe not 'made by', but maybe 'made for'

edit:

then ...

show me the i3 based macbook air

I was already corrected and admitted my mistake on the i3, the cpu I actually meant was the dual core i5. which still sucks.

here goes a laptop with iris pro graphics and specs that are on par with the 1.5k 15" macbook retina (save the screen) for little more than 1k:

http://blog.laptopmag.com/vizio-thin-and-light-touch-2014

this is just one example, there are plenty more.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I was already corrected and admitted my mistake on the i3, the cpu I actually meant was the dual core i5. which still sucks.

here goes a laptop with iris pro graphics and specs that are on par with the 1.5k 15" macbook retina (save the screen) for little more than 1k:

Because i5 sucks and i7 is cool?

I want to see the GOOD CHUNK!

Edit: and pls dont show news stories, but rather products I could buy NOW ;)

Yeah except you can hardly buy them anywhere, and they have an overall 3 star rating on amazon with the odd 5 star and the odd horror story thrown in for good measure. No SD card slot, no thunderbolt, etc etc. I mean that is an ok spec for the price but not exactly a good brand

you said you made your point and do not wish to discuss this further, and that's fine with me although I'm not convinced. however, just one thing must be said: I never mentioned gaming laptops. all laptops I compared the macbooks to were designed for a work environment or personal productivity and don't suffer from the defects of gaming laptops such as battery life.

also, I suggest you don't buy from alienware. I can see now why you think macbooks are reasonably priced, alienware is even worse in that regard.

There is nothing wrong with alienware LAPTOPS. I would not dream of buying a desktop from them in 20 million years, but at the time of buying there were very few sli/crossfire laptops with an 18.4" display. I needed it for a job and it does it well. I can afford it so it was no real biggy for me. I understand from a saving pennies perspective that you could consider theme expensive. But really compared to what is on the market they are quite fairly priced. Not cheap. Fair

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Lenovo, Toshiba and Panasonic. All of these brands make 'tough oriented PC's

AND they are expensive.

Because i5 sucks and i7 is cool?

because 1.4ghz dual cores suck. quad core i5's, I can accept.

I want to see the GOOD CHUNK!

Edit: and pls dont show news stories, but rather products I could buy NOW ;)

I'm not going to look for every single notebook with an i7 and iris pro, I'm not going to waste my time. the article I linked to you was the first thing google found and it's from january so it should be available now. if you want to buy one, do your research by yourself.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

because 1.4ghz dual cores suck. quad core i5's, I can accept.

1) There are no mobile i5 quad core.

2) All mobile i5 and i7 cpus come with hyper threading.

3) Guess what, my desktop currently is running at 1.6 GHz because it is F U C K I N G bored -> Also mobile cpus can turbo boost to higher clock speeds.

I'm not going to look for every single notebook with an i7 and iris pro, I'm not going to waste my time. the article I linked to you was the first thing google found and it's from january so it should be available now. if you want to buy one, do your research by yourself.

Because you are an 18 year old italian 'tech' enthusiast who just has no clue at all about tech.

It doesn't even show up own Vizios own homepage ...

Because you are an 18 year old italian 'tech' enthusiast who just has no clue at all about tech.

It doesn't even show up own Vizios own homepage ...

dafuq? I clearly stated I slapped the first result google gave me on the comment. I don't care if it shows on vizio's page or not. I have seen these notebooks in actual stores, but I don't write down every single notebook I see so I can list them to you. as for my knowledge on tech, you have no idea what you are talking about. how does the part you quoted suggest that I know less than I claim?

as for mobile i5s, you're right, there are no quad core ones. except I never said "mobile". I mean quad core i5's in general. for mobile platforms, yes, no mobile i5 should cost more than 900$.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I clearly stated I slapped the first result google gave me on the comment. I don't care if it shows on vizio's page or not. I have seen these notebooks in actual stores, but I don't write down every single notebook I see so I can list them to you.

Yeah ... I highly doubt that.

for mobile platforms, yes, no mobile i5 should cost more than 900$.

because everybody needs a power-draining quad core in a laptop ...

And only gaming laptops are allowed to cost more than $900 ...

because everybody needs a power-draining quad core in a laptop ...

And only gaming laptops are allowed to cost more than $900 ...

My problem with it is the price. Only the price. And i7s aren't only used in "gaming" laptops, you know. There are such things as professional laptops. And yes, a laptop which doesn't have an i7 OR an epic gpu shouldn't cost more than 900$.

Yeah ... I highly doubt that.

You're free not to believe me. I can only tell you what I know or believe, that's what this forum is all about. Giving opinions and advice on tech.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

My problem with it is the price. Only the price. And i7s aren't only used in "gaming" laptops, you know. There are such things as professional laptops. And yes, a laptop which doesn't have an i7 OR an epic gpu shouldn't cost more than 900$.

Most mobile i7s are dual cores.

Both mobile dual core i5 and i7 have hyper threading.

Most professional laptops use dual core i5 or i7.

A good laptop is defined by more than pure cpu and gpu power (like e.g. battery life).

You're free not to believe me. I can only tell you what I know or believe, that's what this forum is all about. Giving opinions and advice on tech.

that isn't a opinion, that is just a lie.

Macs are positive for being Virus free and fast performance, but you can get a much better PC for the price of a mac...So the school can save some money as well

"fast preformence"

Tell my macbook that....

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

Most mobile i7s are dual cores.

most.

that isn't a opinion, that is just a lie.

so wait, you're calling me a liar when you can't prove me wrong? I know what I've seen, you're free to disagree with me or not believe me, but if you want to call me a liar without proof then please get the fuck off. I'm done with this thread, I can't believe assholes like you are even allowed on this forum. go kiss apple's ass some more and leave me the fuck alone.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

This thread really ought to be shut down...

Schools get deals for buying Macs in bulk. It's cheaper to buy a bunch of Macs and keep them maintained than it is to do the same with Windows-centric PCs. That's literally the only reason. No need for eleven pages of bickering about which one has better hardware, because that's not what matters to a school.

most.

most, as in most mobile CPUs today are dual core, also those in "professional" notebooks

so wait, you're calling me a liar when you can't prove me wrong? I know what I've seen, you're free to disagree with me or not believe me, but if you want to call me a liar without proof then please get the fuck off. I'm done with this thread, I can't believe assholes like you are even allowed on this forum. go kiss apple's ass some more and leave me the fuck alone.

I don't have to prove you wrong as you made an argument out of thin air without any proof whatsoever.

Nooone needs "tech enthusiast" aka. flamers aka. bashers aka. bullshit tellers here.

I am always open for an argument, but first get your facts straight.

If you think I made did something wrong ...

... here is the report button

• 7 years later...

this is an old thread but here we go…
Schools use OSX (MacOS) because of how easy it is to modify the software for limiting access to certain things students should not be allowed to access during school hours, such as applications and files.

after talking to IT at a school, he stated "I’m not for sure why we use macs, but it’s probably just what the school board wanted" I personally think it’s because Apple gave them a really good deal on macbook airs.

but I still think schools should use Windows 10 for the fact that it’s more known and user friends and CHEAPER…

anyways yup