Why a VPN is worth the cost when using steam

Hi,

I have been using Hotspot shield for a little while in Australia. I have now got access to the WWE network and never worried about steam so much till today. I had it on as i was watching WWE then turned on steam only to see the game Watchdogs Deluxe at $69.99 US. So turned off VPN closed steam and reopened it to the Australian server version to find the same game at $84.95 US dollars.  So a saving of $15 US just for being on a US server. based on the cost of Hotspot Shield if i just buy 2 games of steam per year at $15 savings it covers the cost of using it.

Any thoughts or experiences.

ahh whatever ill stick to getting my games free(not from piracy, i get my free stuff legally). *cough*tremor*cough*

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Steam is banning account when it sees you are buying games using a VPN, so be careful, don't complain if your account gets banned.

Steam is banning account when it sees you are buying games using a VPN, so be careful, don't complain if your account gets banned.

I wont complain as i know its my fault

I wont complain as i know its my fault

Somehow I don't believe that.

Current rig: CPU: AMD FX-8120  Cooling: Corsair H100i  Mobo: ASRock 970 Extreme 3  RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz  GPU: MSI GTX 660Ti Power Edition  Case: Fractal Design Define R4  Storage: 2TB Seagate HDD + 128GB Crucial SSD  PSU: be quiet! 730W bronze

Somehow I don't believe that.

Its because i dont complain when i get a speeding ticket as its my fault for speeding.  I accept it if i have done wrong and dont blame others. Im a man not a boy that takes responsibility for my own actions.

Also I have a problem with steam on why a $15 price difference when everyone downloads the games from the states in the first place.

Its because i dont complain when i get a speeding ticket as its my fault for speeding.  I accept it if i have done wrong and dont blame others. Im a man not a boy that takes responsibility for my own actions.

Then why save a couple of bucks when buying games if you have the chance of losing them all?

Current rig: CPU: AMD FX-8120  Cooling: Corsair H100i  Mobo: ASRock 970 Extreme 3  RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz  GPU: MSI GTX 660Ti Power Edition  Case: Fractal Design Define R4  Storage: 2TB Seagate HDD + 128GB Crucial SSD  PSU: be quiet! 730W bronze

Also I have a problem with steam on why a $15 price difference when everyone downloads the games from the states in the first place.

All you have to do is make a fake account and buy the game as a gift. Gift it to yourself, this way when valve inevitably finds out that you were using a VPN for a better deal, they'll ban a useless account.

//ccap

All you have to do is make a fake account and buy the game as a gift. Gift it to yourself, this way when valve inevitably finds out that you were using a VPN for a better deal, they'll ban a useless account.

You're a genius! That's flipping brilliant! :3 <333

Current Build: Case: Define R4 White/Window CPU: i5 3470 @4.0Ghz GPU: GTX 680 DCUII +500Mhz(Mem) Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO Monitor: Acer Monitor 1920x1080 MOBO: Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 Storage: 2TB HDD, 120GB 840 EVO (OS)

Future Build: 4670K, GTX 780 MSI TwinFrozr OC, Z87X-D3H, 8GB @1866Mhz, 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 750D, RM 650W, Custom Loop. White/Blue/Black Colour Scheme. I literally cannot wait *_*

Personally I thought Hot Spot Shield was painfully slow. Gimped my connection to the point it was unusable.

This trick is pretty well known in the steam account trading community. Even there a lot of people are not using it anymore, simply because of it's risk :-)

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

Using Astrill right now, since I am in China. Rarely use Steam so I never really though about this...

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

Personally I thought Hot Spot Shield was painfully slow. Gimped my connection to the point it was unusable.

Depends on your isp and country. I don't use a VPN, simply because my ISP don't throttle my network.

Actually they have upgraded us from 30/30 to 50/50 for free.

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

Depends on your isp and country. I don't use a VPN, simply because my ISP don't throttle my network.

GIVE ME :). I'm getting Fiber after the summer, I will have to pay 2000€ for it though.

"If violence does not work, try more violence"

GIVE ME :). I'm getting Fiber after the summer, I will have to pay 2000€ for it though.

Lol i thought Sweden had awesome cheap internet? But yes fiber is freaking awesome, i wish people in the stat would get the same experience from their isp,as we get in scandinavia

Lol i thought Sweden had awesome cheap internet? But yes fiber is freaking awesome, i wish people in the stat would get the same experience from their isp,as we get in scandinavia

Yeah internet is quite good here, atleast five ISP's for 9 million people compared to USA like 3 for 360 millions.

"If violence does not work, try more violence"

No kidding and full of ads. I use IP Vanish and i like it. There is also a browser based VPN/Proxy called ZenMate and it is free. 

Hi,

I have been using Hotspot shield for a little while in Australia. I have now got access to the WWE network and never worried about steam so much till today. I had it on as i was watching WWE then turned on steam only to see the game Watchdogs Deluxe at $69.99 US. So turned off VPN closed steam and reopened it to the Australian server version to find the same game at $84.95 US dollars.  So a saving of $15 US just for being on a US server. based on the cost of Hotspot Shield if i just buy 2 games of steam per year at $15 savings it covers the cost of using it.

Any thoughts or experiences.

That's dumb. Steam bans accounts that use VPN. They do it constantly. You'll lose all your games. The best way to get around unfair regional pricing is to buy Steam keys from Russian sites.

•  i7 4770k @ 4.5ghz • Noctua NHL12 •  Asrock Z87 Extreme 4 •  ASUS GTX 780 DCII 1156/6300 •

•  Kingston HyperX 16GB  •  Samsung 840 SSD 120GB [boot] + 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM •

•  Fractal Design Define R4  •  Corsair AX860 80+ Platinum •  Logitech Wireless Y-RK49  •  Logitech X-530  •

• 1 year later...

Lucky you! It's close to impossible to get fiber connections in Copenhagen. Too expensive to lay down the cables I guess.

Lucky you! It's close to impossible to get fiber connections in Copenhagen. Too expensive to lay down the cables I guess.

No, you can thanks TDC for that. They bought out dong fiber and there by killed one of the biggest fiber providers in Copenhagen. Though i know a guy in Copenhagen which has fiber, though im not sure which provider.

Got it :-) https://www.dansknet.dk/fiber

No, you can thanks TDC for that. They bought out dong fiber and there by killed one of the biggest fiber providers in Copenhagen. Though i know a guy in Copenhagen which has fiber, though im not sure which provider.

Got it :-) https://www.dansknet.dk/fiber

Thanks. As I thought I can only get 20/2 at my address. :angry:  Back to the old 4G then. <_<