Heaven Society - Week 5 (Black Rock Shooter & Mirai Nikki)

JLCitadel

vfAXr6z.png

Current Anime

Black Rock Shooter                                 Mirai Nikki

fc02d08fbefb0adb83a55997f87d76da.png

Synopsis

It isn't the world you know. There wanders a girl with jet-black hair, ebony clothes, and a strikingly blue, glowing eye. Her name is Black★Rock Shooter. With a huge cannon in hand, she throws herself into a fierce battle... Meanwhile, in another world, middle-school student Mato Kuroi is drawn to Yomi Takanashi, her classmate with an unusual family name. Mato does her best to talk to Yomi, who just won't open up. Yu Koutari mocks her best friend Mato's efforts but at the same time, supports her. Mato also finds herself surrounded by other colorful characters at school, like the eccentric school counselor, Saya Irino, and the hot-blooded captain of her club club, Arata Kohata. Then, one day, the window of opportunity opens. After Mato sees that Yomi has her favorite picture book, "Li'l Birds At Play", they strike up a conversation and Mato is invited to come over to Yomi's house. There, they gradually break the ice, until a girl in a wheelchair appears. This is Yomi's best friend, Kagari Izuriha... Two worlds. Mato and Black★Rock Shooter. This is the story of their "pain".

This psychological thriller, based on the manga written and illustrated by Sakae Esuno, is about Yuki, a loner who's not very good with people. He prefers to write a diary on his cell phone and talk to his imaginary friend, Deus Ex Machina – The God of Time and Space. However, Yuki soon learns that Deus is more than a figment of his imagination when he makes Yuki participate in a battle royale with eleven others. The contestants are given special diaries that can predict the future, each diary possessing unique features that give it both advantages and disadvantages. Within the next 90 days, the contestants must try to survive until there is only one left standing. The winner will become the new God of Time and Space.

My Opinion

I haven't watched Black Rock Shooter yet, but it seems like quite and odd little fun show full of fighting and with the odd humor of little girls being cute. As for Mirai Nikki so far it's a dark and dramatic show with a very interesting plot, I'm going to be finishing this one, then watching BRS and Comparing the two.

To Kick Off Discussion

What do you think about my dicision to choose both anime which tied in the polls as this weeks to watch and discuss and compare/contrast. I though the style of anime would be different enough with small similarities to make this fun and easy, and they're both rather short. How do you feel about parallel worlds as well as space travel? How do you feel about a similar anime to Death Note? How does Mirai Nikki compare in similarities and differences? If you were granted with this ability under those terms what would you do?

Black Rock Shooter

Link 1

Link 2

Mirai Nikki

Link 1(dub)

Link 2(dub)

Link 3(sub)

Synopsis Credits

Member Tags

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

watched the first three ep of  Mirai Nikki loving it 

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.1 Corinthians 13:4

I wish I could spoil them

at first Mirai Nikki seemed kinda weird but I'm starting to get hooked

I'm glad my decision was well received.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maan! So much anime so little time!

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

*check out new thread and ends up cross-eyed*

oooh.. 2 of them. 

I already seen mirai nikki, i'm sure you guys will have a great time with it. It's fun with yandere but it's not my favorite death game.

BRS i haven't seen before so i'm looking forward to that :D

Video Game, Anime and Tech Fan! 

Current Build - CPU: Intel Xeon x5660 @ 4.2GHZ / MOBO: ASUS P6T / COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 + / GPU: Radeon HD 7970 / RAM 8GB Corsair XMS3 / STORAGE: OCZ Agility 3 60gb, WD Blue 1TB / CASE: Bitfenix Shinobi PSU / Antec Earthwatts 500w / DISPLAY: Asus 23 inch @1080p, Dell 19 inch @ 1440x900, Seiki SE42UM @ 4K 

Mobile Devices: HP Chromebook 14, 3DS XL, Vita, Samsung Note 4, LG G Pad 8.3, Chuwi Hi8, NEX-3N

Good, you guys are watching Future Diary. You will all love it. 

And with that, my work here is done...for now. Until we meet again.

kBSYlJv.gif

COMIC SANS

Good, you guys are watching Future Diary. You will all love it. 

And with that, my work here is done...for now. Until we meet again.

Pfft, was that the best you had?

kamina-1.gif

Next poll....i´ll SUGGEST......................!!!!!!

To be Continued in the next episode of Heaven´s Society EP 6!

8v1CjlK.gif

I´v read the manga, its pretty wacky but interesting, i hope the Anime is equally good.

Mirai Nikki was a trip. just started black rock shooter. it seems promising. 

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

-snip-

Oh this ought to be interesting... 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

just realized after watching the first few episodes of BRS, this week's theme is kind of dark lol

So far on the second episode of Black Rock shooter, wow this is really good but also I'm actually having a hard time figuring it out, which is a first for me. Usually I can start a series in the middle and get whats going on like with Game of Thrones but with this I get whats going on but I just can't figure it out, so far really enjoying it. This is sort of what I wanted chaos;head to be like.

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

just realized after watching the first few episodes of BRS, this week's theme is kind of dark lol

Lol yep...

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Aright just because I don't know If I'll have any time this week to finish either of these I'll do a quick assessment of black rock shooter. I don't know how to do a Spoiler dropdown button but just know there Might be spoilers for the first 4 episodes. I hope that it gets really dark and that someone dies.

Spoilers Maybe.

I really like this show, it has a psychological element that I was hoping for from Chaos;Head and It does it really well. I Love that these characters have something deeply disturbing in them and that they get uncovered by someone saying the wrong thing at the wrong time but I haven't yet figured out what is going on, what the underlying motive is for this person saying these things or if it is intentional at all, I can speculate but I would be taking a shot in the dark.

I love the music, it's really really good. 9/10 for music.

The animation again gorgeous, the use of lighting might favor to much a golden sky but the use of shadows and camera angles is well done and beautiful, and that's not even mentioning the exciting fight scenes in the other world which itself is also beautiful. 10/10 for visuals

In spite of how much I enjoy the plot for being reserved it also makes it difficult for long periods for me to find the characters believable. They all seem far too over attached to each other and needy which the reason why seems to be explained for each of them and it's understandable why they might be feeling that way but it isn't explained until after I've started noticing it which can be a little off putting and distracting. 8/10 for the characters

Also getting a little tired of the characters screaming and falling to the ground dead looking only to be fine the next day, maybe it will be a twist where these characters actually die and the main character just doesn't accept it.

So what do you guys say to something with a lighter tone next week?

So what do you guys say to something with a lighter tone next week?

I had something different in mind but i guess i can comply.

I personally like watching things with a lighter tone. 

I had something different in mind but i guess i can comply.

Don't. Suggest what you want and it will be voted on. Imma suggest something light.

Don't. Suggest what you want and it will be voted on. Imma suggest something light.

I'm gonna suggest haibane renmei!

*Waits to see Death Note suggested*

*Waits to see Death Note suggested*

Now why would someone do something like that? :P