Mouse Left Click and Right Click get stuck when playing Shooters.

kodes

Hey everyone (first time posting here!),

Video of my problem:

Been having trouble for a while on this one. 

Anyway, it started a while ago but been mostly playing FPS games (Siege, COD, DRG, Fortnite, Apex etc.) My mouse which was a Logitech G502 X Wired started getting “stuck”. As seen in the video I am not clicking on the mouse however, I am shooting in-game. This isn’t the case of a dirty mouse (at this point I wish it was).

Nevertheless, these happen at random and it has never done this until ~1.5 months ago (I got my PC back in September). 

Solutions I have tried:
- Deleting and reinstalling drivers
- Cleaning Mouse
- Turning off NVIDIA Reflex
- Deleting and Reinstalling Logitech G Hub (as well as having the latest update)
- Buying a new mouse (Logitech G502 X Plus as seen in video)

These “solutions” were from searching up my problem in Google. I am not the best with computers (yet) so I could have accidentally turned something on that could be causing this mouse “sticky click” issue. But I have been doing some testing to see what games this problem occurs in.

Games that have this “Sticky Click” problem:

- Fortnite = YES (Constant, the game that made me first discover this problem)

- THE FINALS = YES (Game only just came out and I have had mouse problems already)

- Siege = Most Likely NO (Tried to get it to play up while in the shooting range, I was unable to get it to stick)

- Deep Rock Galactic = YES (happened occasionally)

- COD BO3 = Most Likely NO (my most played shooter, yet I have never encountered my left/right click sticking)

- Apex Legends = Most Likely NO (Again spent roughly 15 minutes in shooting range like Siege trying to get it to stick but to no success)

- Garry’s Mod = Most Likely NO (Again spent 15 minutes in-game like Siege and Apex trying to get it to stick but to no success)

- Alan Wake 2 = Most Likely NO (just another game I tested but nothing)

- Sons of the Forest = Most Likely NO (Again just testing any and every game I have to see if the problem occurs)

- Rocket League = NO
- Lethal Company = NO
- Counter Strike 2 = NO
- GTA V = NO
- Project Zomboid = NO
- The Talos Principle = NO
- Geometry Dash = NO

Will continue to test games and I’ll update this post when I find something. Assuming I can update this post lol

My best guess is that I have accidentally turned something on and I was unaware of this happening. But any help is appreciated, I will be trying anything and everything!

TL;DR: Both Left/Right Mouse click become “stuck” and shoot without an input. Numerous games tested and has been happening for nearly 2 months. New mouse bought in that time yet problem still occurs. Tried everything I can do, really need your help on this one!

Regards, 
KӨDΣƧ

Hmm intresting. I see all affected games use either Unreal Engine 4 or 5, and you use a second monitor, which can mess things up when trying to capture mouse input.

Disconnect your second monitor. Close background apps that can trigger notifications. Try to replicate your issue.

Qoute my reply if you want me to answer back. 

wired mouse? or is it both wired and wireless?

sure software can always be a pain, and if firmware could "ruin/brick hardware"?

Had some issues not really mouse related to such third party software, can't trust them.

Also you don't have any micro key-bindings? else it can be an bad mouse/hardware if replacing the triggers on the mouse could work or new mouse.

else if its very specific, sounds like there is something more weird is happening.

maybe something with how games relate to button pushes? if the physical button is actually "stuck", instead of double clicks etc. so some games will just count it as one instead of continued "click" action? if so that would be the mouse, and a lot of gaming mouses are a bit cheaply designed imo, they break faster than my old mouse, be it bad plastic, stuck/bend plastic, bad software, bad charging, bad scroll wheels etc.

6 hours ago, Quackers101 said:

wired mouse? or is it both wired and wireless?

sure software can always be a pain, and if firmware could "ruin/brick hardware"?

Had some issues not really mouse related to such third party software, can't trust them.

Also you don't have any micro key-bindings? else it can be an bad mouse/hardware if replacing the triggers on the mouse could work or new mouse.

else if its very specific, sounds like there is something more weird is happening.

maybe something with how games relate to button pushes? if the physical button is actually "stuck", instead of double clicks etc. so some games will just count it as one instead of continued "click" action? if so that would be the mouse, and a lot of gaming mouses are a bit cheaply designed imo, they break faster than my old mouse, be it bad plastic, stuck/bend plastic, bad software, bad charging, bad scroll wheels etc.

The mouse I previously used was wired but bought a new wireless mouse thinking that my wired mouse was the cause of this problem.

As for software relating to the mouse I only have Logitech G HUB and I do have presets for different games to utilise the different mouse buttons but I don’t use the macros functionality in the app.

I also tested different mouse’s (3 to be exact) and all had the same issue.

6 hours ago, Yua said:

Hmm intresting. I see all affected games use either Unreal Engine 4 or 5, and you use a second monitor, which can mess things up when trying to capture mouse input.

Disconnect your second monitor. Close background apps that can trigger notifications. Try to replicate your issue.

Will test this and let you know the results.

As for you thinking it may be a monitor issue. I do have a software called LittleBigMouse that I use to easily align my monitors properly as well as not have resizing issues when dragging a window between monitors. Because the monitor I game on is 27” 1440p and the other monitor is 32” 4K.

I’ll start deleting software one by one while testing in-game to see if I can replicate this issue.

Ah, should have said it sooner. LittleBigMouse, thats your issue.

Once I saw the correlation of the engine I searched around for input issues and unreal engine 5 and this very same program popped up. 

Qoute my reply if you want me to answer back. 

3 hours ago, Yua said:

Ah, should have said it sooner. LittleBigMouse, thats your issue.

Once I saw the correlation of the engine I searched around for input issues and unreal engine 5 and this very same program popped up. 

Good Stuff!

Only thought of it when you mentioned monitors, I’ll uninstall once I get home from work! 

I will keep you updated on it goes!

Thanks again you are a legend!