Are chinese M.2 NVMe disks any good?

Ralf

Are those Apacer AS2280Q4, Lexar NM790, Patriot VIPER VP4300 Lite, Verbatim Vi7000G any good? I know that Verbatim was very good when I bought floppy disks and CDs

Interim 15 T200 OKF("F" intel processors are specifically archituctured for gaming) maybe upgrad to 13'900 | Peeralight cpu fan | Stryx Z690-A Wife(which is branded by ASUS and it's ROG label) | Thermotake 16x 8x2GO SODINM 2400mjz cl22 (2 of them with the mood lighting) | 980 EVO 1TB m.2 ssd card + Kensington 2TB SATA nvme + WD BLACK PRO ULTRA MAX 4TB GAMING DESTROYER HHD | Echa etc 3060 duel fan dissipator 12 GBi and Azrock with the radian 550 XT Tiachi | NEXT H510 Vit Klar Svart | Seasonice 600watts voeding(rated for 100.000 hours, running since 2010, ballpark estimate 8 hours a day which should make it good for 34 years) | Nocturna case fans | 0LED Duel moniter

New build in progress: Ryen™ 8 7700x3D with a copper pipe fan | Z60e-A | Kingstron RENEGATE 16x2 Go hyenix | Phantek 2 the thar mesh in front | lead lex black label psu + AsiaHorse białe/białe | 1080 Pro 8TB 15800MB/S NvMe(for gaming this increase fps and charging time, cooled by a M.2 slot with coolblock and additional thermopad) and faster 4000GB HHD | MAI GeForce GTX 2070 Ti

For SSDs, I would not place any trust in the brand name. These days an SSD is basically just three components (controller, DRAM, NAND) and usually the brand of the SSD does not make any of these components. So to do your research you have to look at what components is under the hood for these drives.

In my experience drives you find on AliExpress have one of two controllers (MaxioTech MAP1602A or Innogrit IG5236) and couple types of DRAM (YMTC 232-layer TLC, Micron 176-layer TLC). The Innogrit controller supports DRAM, but has many reports of disk failures. The MaxioTech controller is newer, does not support DRAM, but does not have any of those reports.

The Lexar NM790 is MaxioTech + YMTC and has great performance and efficiency for the price: https://www.techpowerup.com/review/lexar-nm790-4-tb/

40 minutes ago, Ralf said:

Are those Apacer AS2280Q4, Lexar NM790, Patriot VIPER VP4300 Lite, Verbatim Vi7000G any good? I know that Verbatim was very good when I bought floppy disks and CDs

lexar and patriot sound fammilar but I would never buy off brand nvme drives cuz they may not be reliable. It is always better to spend some more money to keep your data safe on brands like samsung, WD, Kingston, corsair etc.