Cpu Ghz goes down to 0.5 then back up to 3.0 then 1.5 then 0.5 or 0.6 random when I play any game and my CPU gets Hot

starseed12345

Hey, im experiencing a CPU issue I have an AMD Ryzen 5900x and an AIO cooler so let's say I haven't used my PC for days and id start it and open CPUID HWMonitor it immediately says my CPU is at 90 or 80 Celcius if I let it stay in idle it might go into 70 celsius if I move my mouse at all though it goes back to like 85 or 90 celcius when I open any game like Example Fortnite I get stable 450 fps and I can play my GHZ is fine but after my CPU gets hot my CPU GHZ keep changing 4.0 3.5 1.0 0.5 2.0 every 4 seconds I get a huge lag spike from 450 to 10-5 fps for like 1.5 seconds I've been trying to resolve this I've reapplied thermal paste 2 times and it didn't help I don't know what to do.

Screenshot 2023-12-09 221708.png

First, clockspeed monitoring in software like that is unreliable at best, however HWMonitor is well known to produce bogus numbers regardless. The industry standard is HWiNFO. If you want accurate clockspeed, the Effective Clock section in there or in Ryzen Master is better. 

That being said if you're having temperature issues that may be causing throttling, any information at all about how your cooling this CPU, the case its in, the fan setup and the ambient temperature would be helpful... It doesn't seem like you've provided any of that. 

HWiNFO will also say if its specifically detecting throttling. 

thats just how cpus work.

also yours is overheating, get better cooling seems the only solution,  outside of undervolting. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

15 hours ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

First, clockspeed monitoring in software like that is unreliable at best, however HWMonitor is well known to produce bogus numbers regardless. The industry standard is HWiNFO. If you want accurate clockspeed, the Effective Clock section in there or in Ryzen Master is better. 

That being said if you're having temperature issues that may be causing throttling, any information at all about how your cooling this CPU, the case its in, the fan setup and the ambient temperature would be helpful... It doesn't seem like you've provided any of that. 

HWiNFO will also say if its specifically detecting throttling. 

Hello i used multiple softwares to check the temperatures all of them say the same. im using an AIO cooler that has 2 Fans my case is A Sharkoon TG5 Pro and altogether the aio the gpu and the case fans are all together 9 fans EDIT: i forgot to say the AIO is really new i got it like a month ago and it worked completly fine with my old cpu