T-Mobile CGNAT Remote Play PureVPN

Mr. GoodStuff

Long story short I cannot remote play outside my home because T-Mobile uses CGNAT instead of assigning me a public IP. I’m looking for some assistance in setting up PureVPN port forwarding feature to try and bypass this issue. 

I have the T-Mobile gateway (modem only use - WiFi disabled) connected to Netgear Orbi router (my WiFi). I’m assigning a static IP for my PS5 and it is connected via LAN to the Orbi router. 

As for the PureVPN port forwarding I found some instructions on their website but, do I setup the port forwarding on the T-Mobile gateway or on the Orbi router? Secondly is it possible for me to set it up so ONLY the PS5 IP uses PureVPN? I don’t need my whole network going through the VPN, just the PS5 so I can occasionally connect to it using remote play. 

23 minutes ago, Sam091990 said:

I have the T-Mobile gateway (modem only use - WiFi disabled) connected to Netgear Orbi router (my WiFi). I’m assigning a static IP for my PS5 and it is connected via LAN to the Orbi router. 

Disabling WiFi doesnt make it in to a modem. You have to disable the router bits of the gateway to do that. Either bridge mode or ip passthru mode. The issue is I doubt the gateway supports either because T Mobile uses CGNAT across their whole network. So essentially you have 3 layers of NAT going on.

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

3 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Disabling WiFi doesnt make it in to a modem. You have to disable the router bits of the gateway to do that. Either bridge mode or ip passthru mode. The issue is I doubt the gateway supports either because T Mobile uses CGNAT across their whole network. So essentially you have 3 layers of NAT going on.

Yes I just meant I have the WiFi antennas disabled. It light even be in bridge mode not sure I don’t remember if that was an option. The odd thing is my PS5 shows NAT Type 2 but regardless I’m trying to setup the VPN port forwarding which should allow me to connect via remote play. 

Then again I might just switch to xfinity cause I just checked and they have the same price as my T-Mobile but faster speed and unlimited data included. 

1 minute ago, Sam091990 said:

hen again I might just switch to xfinity cause I just checked and they have the same price as my T-Mobile but faster speed and unlimited data included. 

Be aware Xfinity is a bunch of bastards as well. They are the provider I use. Once that new customer discount is over they will bend you over the barrel. We pay $96 a month for 400/10 and have a 1.2 TB cap on our data. They dont give deals to current subscribers so you might have to play the cancellation game with them to get any deals.

16 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Be aware Xfinity is a bunch of bastards as well. They are the provider I use. Once that new customer discount is over they will bend you over the barrel. We pay $96 a month for 400/10 and have a 1.2 TB cap on our data. They dont give deals to current subscribers so you might have to play the cancellation game with them to get any deals.

Yeah they have 400 with unlimited data for $55 a month for 2 years at the moment. You can message them on Facebook and get a new subscriber deal when yours is almost up and if they don’t want to tell them you’ll cancel. If they still don’t offer it then just cancel and resubscibe as new user under your wife’s or kids name 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Only reason I cancelled originally is cause they were charging $50 for unlimited on top of the plan but now it’s only $10 for unlimited. 

3 minutes ago, Sam091990 said:

Yeah they have 400 with unlimited data for $55 a month for 2 years at the moment. You can message them on Facebook and get a new subscriber deal when yours is almost up and if they don’t want to tell them you’ll cancel. If they still don’t offer it then just cancel and resubscibe as new user under your wife’s or kids name 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Only reason I cancelled originally is cause they were charging $50 for unlimited on top of the plan but now it’s only $10 for unlimited. 

See the issue is I live with my folks. They pay the Comcast bill I pay the cellular bill. We have called them to try to get a deal and they say pound sand. They are the only game in town and they know it. With the exception of T Mobile home internet.

In our area its $30 a month extra for unlimited. The other issue is all the deals require the use of their gateway, we own our own modem. They also require auto pay with bank account and we trust them as far as we can throw them. Which is not very far. They actually fucked up taking money out of my sisters account before. They can take it in 2 seconds but it takes 7 to 10 business days for them to put it back.