Laptop instead of pc

skayqz

Hi, i wanted to get an upgrade from my dell optiplex 790 sff to a not computer since that consumes alot of energy and i pay for energy consumption where i am right now and yeah pc is a problem.

So i want to get a laptop, an ASUS Gaming 15.6'' ROG GL553VE-FY022.

Procesor: Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ Processor (6M Cache, up to 3.80 GHz) , Kaby Lake

Memory: 16 GB DDR4

SSD: 240GB Western Digital WD Green 2.5 240GB M.2 SATA 3
HDD: 1 TB

GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB GDDR5

1920x1080 60hz

Batery(for anyone who cares) :
Type: Li-ion
Number of cells: 4
Power: 48 Whr
Adapter: 120 W

How good is it for modern day gaming?

Can i run cs2 fairly well on it?

(btw its a used unit that im purchasing)

Is it gonna reach 60 fps at cs2,mortal kombat 1 and hearts of iron 4 (the games i mostly play)?

CS2, yes. MK1? I don't think it would hit 60fps. My policy is that laptops are only for when you have to have portability. Otherwise it's not really worth it, specially for modern games. Maybe a newer model could be good enough at a much more expensive price.

I would just try to build an efficient system, both the 13th gen intel and the RTX40 have great scalability. But then again, those Dell Optiplex usually have a pretty small footprint, so I'm not sure if this would help you that much. Where do you live that a 200-300w power draw a few hours a day could be out of the question?

Get yourself a Kill-a-Watt meter and see how much power that desktop is actually drawing. It might surprise you; office desktops are generally very efficient.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.