Intel XTU not allowing me to undervolt/overclock?

Go to solution Solved by unclewebb,

@Krai1234

Check your BIOS to see if Intel Undervolt Protection is enabled. This can prevent undervolting.

Is Windows core isolation memory integrity enabled or any other VBS features? This can also prevent undervolting. XTU needs direct access to the CPU voltage control register which is not possible if anything virtualization related is enabled. 

https://beebom.com/how-disable-virtualization-based-security-vbs-windows-11/

The ThrottleStop 9.6 FIVR window will show when Undervolt Protection is enabled. 

image.png.6ab059eeae84d7d45adaede604ee96cd.png

I have an I7 12700k and an Asrock Z690 motherboard, but Intel XTU says that my platform "does not support overclocking" and won't allow me undervolt/overclock my cpu? Any advice? 

@Krai1234

Check your BIOS to see if Intel Undervolt Protection is enabled. This can prevent undervolting.

Is Windows core isolation memory integrity enabled or any other VBS features? This can also prevent undervolting. XTU needs direct access to the CPU voltage control register which is not possible if anything virtualization related is enabled. 

https://beebom.com/how-disable-virtualization-based-security-vbs-windows-11/

The ThrottleStop 9.6 FIVR window will show when Undervolt Protection is enabled. 

image.png.6ab059eeae84d7d45adaede604ee96cd.png

Just use the BIOS for overclocking instead. XTU having issues isn't exactly uncommon, and while it's usually an issue with something like VBS in Windows 11, that doesn't always fix it.