After opening up laptop and cleaning no display

TheYTB
Go to solution Solved by Sawa Takahashi,

It wouldn't hurt to make sure all components are seated properly and that no dust entered the connectors while they were removed.

The CMOS battery may or may not be dead but given that you can get one at the dollar store for next to nothing, just replace it by a new one.

At his point, it is possible that it is a RAM failure but it can also be many other things. Good job for checking all the cables btw.

Do you have a command for enabling an external display ? On many laptops it is toggled on and off with Fn+F5. It may be another key combination on your model.

Good luck !

Here i go again as in previous post i cleaned the laptop but after it powerd on and black screen

So laptop 2013 and when i cleaned i took out cmos battery, ram, ssd out and put em back in at finished

Every connector is secure i verified 3 times!

I press power button but the screen does't lit up and for 1 sec fan is working than i get no sound,no power to usb devices, the power button is lit

Could this be a ram failiure or a cmos battery beeing dead?

It wouldn't hurt to make sure all components are seated properly and that no dust entered the connectors while they were removed.

The CMOS battery may or may not be dead but given that you can get one at the dollar store for next to nothing, just replace it by a new one.

At his point, it is possible that it is a RAM failure but it can also be many other things. Good job for checking all the cables btw.

Do you have a command for enabling an external display ? On many laptops it is toggled on and off with Fn+F5. It may be another key combination on your model.

Good luck !

I think it was the dead cmos battery 

18 hours ago, Sawa Takahashi said:

Good luck !

It was the cmos battery cause now it works , im gonna replace it the next day.It may be on it last life

1 hour ago, TheYTB said:

It was the cmos battery cause now it works , im gonna replace it the next day.It may be on it last life

At least, it was an affordable fix 🙂

Have a nice day !