Can't get over 270 mbps on Galaxy A52s

ComfyDoggo

Hi, I recently started speedtesting on my A52s where I found that the speed is always landing around 270 mbps as if it's capped where it's meant to be around 450-495 mbps and I confirmed that with a speedtest on a Galaxy S23 FE can anyone help

Screenshot_20231206_210636_Speedtest.png

Sustained speed depends on many factors.

Which band does your A52 use to connect to your router ? Most 2.4GHz routers will output only 300Mbps per antenna and most phones only have 1 antenna. A computer may possess 2 antennas and thus be able to achieve 600Mbps on 2.4GHz.

If your phone connects via the 5GHz band, you may get better connection speeds. But remember that 5 GHz signal degrades more rapidly over distance than the 2.4GHz. That is why I prefer connecting my phone via the 2.4GHz band since I need more range than speed.

Hope that helps.

10 hours ago, Sawa Takahashi said:

Sustained speed depends on many factors.

Which band does your A52 use to connect to your router ? Most 2.4GHz routers will output only 300Mbps per antenna and most phones only have 1 antenna. A computer may possess 2 antennas and thus be able to achieve 600Mbps on 2.4GHz.

If your phone connects via the 5GHz band, you may get better connection speeds. But remember that 5 GHz signal degrades more rapidly over distance than the 2.4GHz. That is why I prefer connecting my phone via the 2.4GHz band since I need more range than speed.

Hope that helps.

Thank you for the reply, I'm currently using 5GHz if that helps at all and I'm not really sure what antennas the phone contains since I tried looking for that info and couldn't find it

10 hours ago, ComfyDoggo said:

Thank you for the reply, I'm currently using 5GHz if that helps at all and I'm not really sure what antennas the phone contains since I tried looking for that info and couldn't find it

Most phones are using 1 antenna. Yours is no exception. Routers typically have 2 or 3.

EDIT : I read around for the A52s and it seems that the hardware is limited to 390Mbps whichever band you are using. In practice, a max of 390Mbps is never achieved so a max 270MBps in real life situations is within expectations.

Since this is a hardware limitation imposed by Samsung, there is not much you can do about it.

Thanks again for the reply I assumed that this was the case I asked Samsung Support (Members) about it and they recommended me to go to a service center but everytime I looked myself it seemed like a hardware limitation and in fact my settings do show a max of 390 Mbps as linking speed which is unfortunate I don't really know why they did this I guess its a cost saving measure but none the less thank you again for taking the time to try and help me

Screenshot_20231209_110759_Samsung Members.png

Screenshot_20231209_081349_Samsung Members.png

Screenshot_20231209_121914_Samsung Members.png

Screenshot_20231209_150351_Samsung Members.png

Screenshot_20231207_144557_Settings.png