I don't understadn this

Dixon B. Tweenerlegs

hello,
although my user name is troll i am not trolling with this situation i have. my computer is semi new as in a few years old (5700x 32gigs at 3200 ram on a msi x570s edge max wifi) and i just decided to get a M.2 (samsung 980 pro). i cloned my os from my old samsung 840 pro. but any time i run the m.2 as my primary and launch a game it crashes, doing nothing it crashed but when i go back to my old ssd its find can play for days if not weeks. when i look at the event log thing its a 10010 so a search the net and did what i could but the problem is still there. i even returned the m.2 thinking it was just a lemon but this new one is doing the same thing. could it be my psu (corsair ax1000) but if it was wouldnt the normal ssd do the samething i dont know. this is why im here looking for help.

thanks in advance to whom tries to help,

Definitely doesn't sound like a hardware issue. What software did you use to clone it?

35 minutes ago, Dixon B. Tweenerlegs said:

hello,
although my user name is troll i am not trolling with this situation i have. my computer is semi new as in a few years old (5700x 32gigs at 3200 ram on a msi x570s edge max wifi) and i just decided to get a M.2 (samsung 980 pro). i cloned my os from my old samsung 840 pro. but any time i run the m.2 as my primary and launch a game it crashes, doing nothing it crashed but when i go back to my old ssd its find can play for days if not weeks. when i look at the event log thing its a 10010 so a search the net and did what i could but the problem is still there. i even returned the m.2 thinking it was just a lemon but this new one is doing the same thing. could it be my psu (corsair ax1000) but if it was wouldnt the normal ssd do the samething i dont know. this is why im here looking for help.

thanks in advance to whom tries to help,

Hmm, try doing SFC /scannow on the new drive

Clone to it

plug it in

unplug old drive

then do sfc /scannow

then try doing something that usually crash

If that doesn't work :

Tried slotting the 980 pro on different M.2 slots on your motherboard ?

Dunno what you used to clone, try other software

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

28 minutes ago, NikolakiH said:

Definitely doesn't sound like a hardware issue. What software did you use to clone it?

samsung magician

11 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

Hmm, try doing SFC /scannow on the new drive

Clone to it

plug it in

unplug old drive

then do sfc /scannow

then try doing something that usually crash

If that doesn't work :

Tried slotting the 980 pro on different M.2 slots on your motherboard ?

Dunno what you used to clone, try other software

i will try a different slot

so now i tried the bottom m.2 slot but now my other hard drives are not showing up lol i dont know whats going on!

20 minutes ago, Dixon B. Tweenerlegs said:

so now i tried the bottom m.2 slot but now my other hard drives are not showing up lol i dont know whats going on!

If you slotted it in M2_3 slot, it has shared bandwith with SATA 5 and SATA 6 port.
Meaning, if there's an NVME slotted in M2_3, SATA 5 & 6 port will be disabled.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

Do a fresh os install on the new drive. I know it’s a bit of a pita, but should fix the issue.

32 minutes ago, Poinkachu said:

If you slotted it in M2_3 slot, it has shared bandwith with SATA 5 and SATA 6 port.
Meaning, if there's an NVME slotted in M2_3, SATA 5 & 6 port will be disabled.

it was a result of a bad cable see to be working fine now 

only time will tell loading a game to see if it freezes and shuts down

On 12/6/2023 at 5:45 PM, Whatisthis said:

Do a fresh os install on the new drive. I know it’s a bit of a pita, but should fix the issue.

ive done this already