i5 2gen brand pc GPU UPGRADE

Mali_ZmajSRB

hi all

i have old dell brand pc with 2gen i5 8gb ram

i currently have shitty gt210

i wanna upgrade to rx 570 4gb

some peopple say to me  that this gpu wont even post with 2gen prebuild because of some "uefi" settings that this "new" cards have

do you have any experience with this?

i know of people that ran a 2. gen chip with a polaris GPU so i dont think it should be much of a problem, at least not in general 

You may need to do a BIOS update, but it's likely that the card will work just fine out of the box. The RX 570 isn't exactly a brand new card, and it was commonly used with old 2nd and 3rd gen Intel systems.

The bigger question is: does your power supply have supplemental 6 or 8 pin PCIe power to actually run an RX 570?

What dell is it?

The model nr.

They can work without uefi. Uefi is basically the followup of what is a bios. Can be seen as bios 2.0. The most basic operations needed to get a pc running.

However a rx570 is very rarelt going yo work in a dell without also upgrading the power supply but for that we need to know what dell this is

UEFI BIOSes support legacy video OROMs (which means there will be absolutely no issues booting with that card on your board as the PC will "talk" to the GPU and know what to do). I've used RX 500 series cards and newer on Ivy Bridge with no issue; PSU is what you need to worry about.

1 hour ago, Mali_ZmajSRB said:

hi all

i have old dell brand pc with 2gen i5 8gb ram

i currently have shitty gt210

i wanna upgrade to rx 570 4gb

some peopple say to me  that this gpu wont even post with 2gen prebuild because of some "uefi" settings that this "new" cards have

do you have any experience with this?

I was running a 2700k with an RTX 3060. If they are talking about stuff like rebar, its not needed to boot (or even run)