Wireless headphones for my dad

Eardy

Hi, 

I'm looking for wireless over-ear headphones for my dad (69y, somewhat bad hearing) 

He wants to use them for TV, PC and mobile phone.

My idea was a headphone with a base station for wired connections to TV and PC and Bluetooth for the connection to the phone. 

An integrated charging station would be ideal. All those different chargers are so complicated 😉 

I found some, that use Bluetooth to connect to the base station and can connect to any other Bluetooth device

but everything that I found so far had some major flaws or other red flags like reviews not matching the product and so on. 

Any suggestions or better solutions?

Thanks

Base station headphones aren't very widely used, i believe Sennheiser has a couple sets that should be of acceptable quality 

Unfortunately, those Sennheisers with base station I have seen, do not support Bluetooth. Unless I have missed one. 

On 12/6/2023 at 10:21 AM, Eardy said:

Hi, 

I'm looking for wireless over-ear headphones for my dad (69y, somewhat bad hearing) 

He wants to use them for TV, PC and mobile phone.

My idea was a headphone with a base station for wired connections to TV and PC and Bluetooth for the connection to the phone. 

An integrated charging station would be ideal. All those different chargers are so complicated 😉 

I found some, that use Bluetooth to connect to the base station and can connect to any other Bluetooth device

but everything that I found so far had some major flaws or other red flags like reviews not matching the product and so on. 

Any suggestions or better solutions?

Thanks

BTE hearing aids (some have mode switches)

one for hearing aid mode… another for bluetooth (if you connect device outs to Bluetooth transmitters… where possible aptX is quite standard for bluetooth audio)

Not certain how popular the loop systems are but they are a bit expensive imo.