Uploading big files will kill networking in Windows 10

maestro_it

When I start an upload with big files onto my IDrive account, or when I execute an OpenSpeedTest on my home-lab instance of openspeedtest (which causes a high bandwidth upload), the entire network in Windows 10 stops (no network icon), and only solution is to reboot my machine.

When doing normal Speedtest.net, or other kinds of uploads, all works fine, but when I add a big collection of photos that I need to backup to IDrive service, immediately my internet on the PC goes down (internet is still available for the rest of the house).

I tried:

• Unplugging and re-plugging the lan cable
  • Troubleshooting the network stack with the Windows troubleshooters
  • Reset the network stack
  • already have latest drivers from Intel

I have Windows 10, with motherboard integrated gigabit intel I211 adapter, connected to a Gigabit switch to my other gigabit computers/servers, and with a 500mbps fiber internet (symmetric download and upload).

Computer: AMD 5900x | PNY RTX 4080 | 32GB DDR4-3600 GSkill Neo | Corsair RM750x

Monitor : Dell 27" 1440@165Hz (S2721DGFA)

-> Moved to Troubleshooting

Check if the LEDs on the motherboard port or the switch port it's connected to turn off when that happens. 

Try to reboot the switch and router

Try without the switch

Try another cable

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2