Problem with Gigabyte B760 GAMING X DDR4

Go to solution Solved by Dannomac7,

Update: For anyone wondering I was able to flash the board once I took out the GPU, memory and SSD. It turned out the issue preventing boot was an issue with my PCIe Wi-Fi card.

I just bought a Gigabyte B760 GAMING X DDR4 for my Core i5 14600KF. I booted it into Windows with no problems and then I updated the bios and I just got a black screen. The PC wouldn't boot at all after that. I don't even get a bios flash screen. I have tried using Q-Flash to reflash the board to various firmware versions on multiple different USB drives with no success. I have also cleared the CMOS by removing the battery. The VGA light on the board lights up but nothing happens after that.

Thank in advanced

@Dannomac7 The BIOS must be corrupted. From where did you download the update? Are you sure it was for your motherboard? I just checked on their website, and I don't think your motherboard has dual BIOS support, but still in case, you should check if you have a button or a jumper for dual BIOS. Also, are you sure you actually downloaded the latest update and not by mistake an older one? Because your CPU is fairly new and it might not boot with an older BIOS revision, but I guess then it should be showing debug error. Speaking of debug, does your motherboard have any debug lights? You should definitely check that.

ps - a ddr4 platform for a 14600kf? Not what I would choose.

Microsoft owns my soul.

Also, Dell is evil, but HP kinda nice.

12 minutes ago, Gat Pelsinger said:

@Dannomac7 The BIOS must be corrupted. From where did you download the update? Are you sure it was for your motherboard? I just checked on their website, and I don't think your motherboard has dual BIOS support, but still in case, you should check if you have a button or a jumper for dual BIOS. Also, are you sure you actually downloaded the latest update and not by mistake an older one? Because your CPU is fairly new and it might not boot with an older BIOS revision, but I guess then it should be showing debug error. Speaking of debug, does your motherboard have any debug lights? You should definitely check that.

ps - a ddr4 platform for a 14600kf? Not what I would choose.

I downloaded the update straight from the support page for my motherboard on gigabyte's own website. I tried the latest revision and the second latest one (oldest one compatible with my CPU and the one the board shipped with). The board does have debug lights which show VGA error. From what I've read this could mean it's a GPU issue or a board issue (not very useful) but I've tried with and without a GPU installed and the same light lights up. I don't believe it's the GPU as the PC booted into Windows when I first started it. I chose DDR4 because I had fast DDR4 lying around from my previous build so I didn't want to send €100 more for a small performance boost.

Update: For anyone wondering I was able to flash the board once I took out the GPU, memory and SSD. It turned out the issue preventing boot was an issue with my PCIe Wi-Fi card.