Does Gigabyte a520m ds3h support double sided nvme ssds?

dugacs

Exact SSD i want to install: ADATA SX8200 Pro XPG

I want to install is double sided heatsink with thermalpads too, Will it fit?

Edited by dugacs
miss-spelling

Don't use that SSD. They sell a bunch of drives with different specs under that one model name and it's a crapshoot what you'll get.

Anecdotally, I also had one (purchased before I knew about ADATA's skullduggery) die in less than 6 months. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

7 hours ago, Middcore said:

Don't use that SSD. They sell a bunch of drives with different specs under that one model name and it's a crapshoot what you'll get.

Anecdotally, I also had one (purchased before I knew about ADATA's skullduggery) die in less than 6 months. 

thanks ill buy kingston then but does the mobo support double side ssd and a two sided cooler too?

29 minutes ago, dugacs said:

thanks ill buy kingston then but does the mobo support double side ssd and a two sided cooler too?

Kingston does the same thing with some of its models.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

8 hours ago, Middcore said:

This doesn’t matter for almost anyone.  Stop parroting that unless it does.

48 minutes ago, brob said:

Kingston does the same thing with some of its models.

Almost everyone has at some point.  This happens because they are correctly confident that it won’t affect most users at all.  And the ones that would even be slightly affect by it it are shopping for way more expensive drives.

I edit the shit out of my posts.  Refresh before you respond.

1 hour ago, Queen Chrysalis said:

Stop parroting that unless it does

Well the NV2 is a power throttling mess like the Crucial P2 was right now, so i would avoid both, split the log. But really this is a pretty petty discussion without knowing OP's true budget.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

3 hours ago, SorryBella said:

Well the NV2 is a power throttling mess like the Crucial P2 was right now, so i would avoid both, split the log. But really this is a pretty petty discussion without knowing OP's true budget.

i'm looking for a budget 1tb drive that is good AND FITS IN THE MOBO (physically).

Any recommendations?

My main question is that will a double sided ssd fit with double sided cooler or not.

1 hour ago, dugacs said:

i'm looking for a budget 1tb drive that is good AND FITS IN THE MOBO (physically).

Any recommendations?

My main question is that will a double sided ssd fit with double sided cooler or not.

You didnt really add any new information here, i still want to know your budget.

You just reiterated your question, but honestly almost all heatsinked m.2 can clear CPU cooler easily, youre overthinking this. You need to dig up some very niche stuff with heatpipes to see anything that can interfere with a CPU cooler or GPU.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

budget is about $70

I am not afraid of the heatsink is not fitting because of the cpu cooler but the thickness of that so it doesn't short something on the motherboard, or the ability to even fit physically

16 minutes ago, dugacs said:

budget is about $70

I am not afraid of the heatsink is not fitting because of the cpu cooler but the thickness of that so it doesn't short something on the motherboard, or the ability to even fit physically

I don't see benefit to a heat sink on the underside of the drive in this situation. At best clearance will be under 1mm. Worse, it will radiate heat into the motherboard.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

spacer.png

49 minutes ago, brob said:

I don't see benefit to a heat sink on the underside of the drive in this situation. At best clearance will be under 1mm. Worse, it will radiate heat into the motherboard.

But I wanna add a heatsink (Axagon CLR-M2FAN), for lower teperatures, and for more expected lifetime.

I also found a better SSD (in my opinion), the Crucial P3 1TB.