White VGA light on motherbord

alfhn

I have got a new cpu, cpu cooler, motherboard, and ram, and after instaling it, it gets stuck with a white light on VGA.
The new motherbord is asus ruf gaming B760
New cpu is I7-14700KF
Curent gpu is rtx 3700.
PSU corsair tx 750

I have looked around online and tried what i can find of fixses:
- clear CMOS
- remove and replace battery
- try different ram sticks in different slots
- diferent video cabels from different slots in gpu todifferentt monitors
- different video cables from the motherboard to different monitors (know the CPU don't have internal grafix, but was desperate)
- make sure the monitors are on.
- gone over every power cabel to the gpu and mothboatd

Everything worked fine before i changed the equipment, so I think then GPU should be OK.

I notice that the new motherbord has both an 8 pin and 4 pin power conection for the cpu, but my power supply has no 4 pin cables.

What should my way forwards be? I am wondering if the lack of a 4 pin cable is relevant at all, should I replace my PSU? Or should I just return it as not working?

The four pin CPU cable isn't relevant. That is really only needed for extreme overclocking with LN2.

If the VGA light is on, that means the system can't detect the GPU. If we assume the GPU is known good, that would only leave either the PCIe socket on the motherboard or CPU's PCIe lanes as the possible culprit.

I would check if there's any dust or debris in the PCIe socket of the GPU. If that is all fine, I would check if there's any possible issues with the CPU, such as bent pins on CPU or motherboard. If that is also fine, I would try with a different GPU, just to make sure.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

Thank you,  wil look into that when i get home again tomorrow 

Make sure that all power cables you're using are specifically for the PSU that you're using. If you're recycling an old one you can have compatibility issues. 

GPU Seating: Reseat the GPU securely in its PCIe slot and make sure the power cable is also secure.  
RAM Seating: Confirm RAM sticks are properly seated in their slots.
Monitor Connections: Verify the monitor is connected to the GPU, not the motherboard.
Faulty Components: Test components individually to identify any faulty ones.
Return or Replace: If all else fails, consider returning or replacing faulty components, especially if under warranty.

Thanks for suggestions.  Has now gone over every slot to make sure there is no dust or other stuff in them, tried with a GPU I borrowed from a friend, tried every config of ram, and taken out the CPU to inspect the pins.  Everything seems OK, except that the light still lights up.

When I talked with the shop, they tough that it could be that for the motherboard to support the CPU the BIOS needed to be updated, and to do this I need to get into BIOS with a previous gen CPU. 

They has offered to do it, but this will include shipping time and service time so it is not very tempting.

Is there anything else I can do, or are they correct in that updating the BIOS will most likely fix the problem?