Jump to content

HELP! RTX 3070 black screening and crash every time I open a game

bmnn

I recently got an ASUS TUF 3070 and any time I try to open a game up, the fans max rpm and the computer black screens. 

PC Specs:
MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus
I5-9600K

EVGA 850BQ Power Supply

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm guessing you had another GPU before this one. Did you remove the drivers before downloading the new ones? Is the 3070 card new or second-hand?

Qoute my reply if you want me to answer back. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Yua said:

I'm guessing you had another GPU before this one. Did you remove the drivers before downloading the new ones? Is the 3070 card new or second-hand?

I did use DDU and wiped the drivers prior. The GPU was second hand, but did work prior in his machine

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, bmnn said:

I did use DDU and wiped the drivers prior. The GPU was second hand, but did work prior in his machine

Considering the card is used and you don't know how old it is my suggestion is that heat is what is making it go goofy.  My suggestion is to very carefully open it up and replace the thermal paste on the graphics chip.  Yea, putting new thermal paste would be my first trick considering the age of the card and what environment it was in prior to your purchase.  Using a good paste like MX-6 would be my choice.

 

Take care and good luck.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

The first thing that came to mind after ruling out the drivers was a faulty GPU. Opening the card up and replacing the thermal pads on the memory chips is a great way to give maintenance to an old card. If you are going to try this, not any thermal pad will do, you need ones with a good thermal conductivity with a heat transfer rate of 10 w/mk or above. 

15 minutes ago, kb5zue said:

Considering the card is used and you don't know how old it is my suggestion is that heat is what is making it go goofy.  My suggestion is to very carefully open it up and replace the thermal paste on the graphics chip.  Yea, putting new thermal paste would be my first trick considering the age of the card and what environment it was in prior to your purchase.  Using a good paste like MX-6 would be my choice.

 

Take care and good luck.

 

Qoute my reply if you want me to answer back. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×