AIO makes too much noise due to bubbles?

D3fine

I recently just received my brand new AIO and I installed it successfully, however its making noise. I've done research and concluded that this is bubbles or whatever. I've laid my computer on different sides, moved it around in different angles, and nothing has changed. I've also run my pc on cinebench for 30 minutes because someone said that would help, it didn't. When I first start up my computer though, the sound isn't there, but after around 2 minutes, it comes in and doesn't stop. Do I just go back to my air cooler? I'm not sure what to do and I really need help.

Can you post a picture of your PC? I want to check the installation orientation.

The video you attached doesn't seem to be working.

Qoute my reply if you want me to answer back. 

13 minutes ago, Yua said:

Can you post a picture of your PC? I want to check the installation orientation.

The video you attached doesn't seem to be working.

yeah I just reuploaded the video, sorry about that.

You can't really see how its mounted but the tubes are going to the right then to the top of the radiator

This is a common mistake. If you are front-mounting the radiator, the tubes should be facing down.

If the tubes are too short, try mounting the radiator on the top. If you can't, then you will have to either switch case or refund the AIO.

The radiator is mounted to the top of the case. Its not a very good picture sorry but those two fans aren't apart of the case. So does this mean I need to refund? that's a shame considering I just got it.

oh, Sorry. I thought it was front-mounted.

If its top-mounted, it should be fine, installation-wise.

Maybe yours came with a low level of liquid inside. Either way, I'm out of ideas; I don't have much experience dealing with AIO, lets hope someone else comes to help.

Good luck.

Alright man thanks for your help this is super frustrating

8 hours ago, D3fine said:

Alright man thanks for your help this is super frustrating

Please provide the system specs and the product we're discussing. Also, please pinpoint where the noise is from. Use your ears to triangulate by moving your head to different areas. If you're still not sure, disable other things from which the noise might be coming. The sound I hear sounds bad. Is a fan anywhere rubbing against anything? Where is the pump located?

If you remove the AIO and shake the rad, how full does it seem to be?

With it removed, plug it in and run it by holding it with your hands. Are there orientations of the rad,  pump and/or block where the noise stops?

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

It's fairly common to hear bubbles or water flowing through especially if you have sensitive ears. The sound does lessen once things settle after leaving the pump running overtime. The noise may come back after starting the computer again, but may only a be short time or noise will only be lower. AIO pumps are not that strong so it shouldn't be forming too many bubbles when fans start up at full speed from computer cold start or reboot. It's possible the loop was never filled up enough.

Water cooling is not silent. People with sensitive ears can hear the pump when the system is nearby like on a desk where they sit.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X   Motherboard: MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi   Case: Deepcool Maxtrexx 70   GPU: RTX 3090   RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3x16GB 3200 MHz   PSU: Super Flower 850W

6 hours ago, alyen said:

It's fairly common to hear bubbles or water flowing through especially if you have sensitive ears. The sound does lessen once things settle after leaving the pump running overtime. The noise may come back after starting the computer again, but may only a be short time or noise will only be lower. AIO pumps are not that strong so it shouldn't be forming too many bubbles when fans start up at full speed from computer cold start or reboot. It's possible the loop was never filled up enough.

Water cooling is not silent. People with sensitive ears can hear the pump when the system is nearby like on a desk where they sit.

This isn’t a quiet noise, it’s loud and you can hear it throughout the room. I hear what it’s supposed to sound like  when I first turn on my computer. It’s basically silent for about 3 mins. I’ve run it for hours on end and there is no change in the sound

8 hours ago, RevGAM said:

Please provide the system specs and the product we're discussing. Also, please pinpoint where the noise is from. Use your ears to triangulate by moving your head to different areas. If you're still not sure, disable other things from which the noise might be coming. The sound I hear sounds bad. Is a fan anywhere rubbing against anything? Where is the pump located?

If you remove the AIO and shake the rad, how full does it seem to be?

With it removed, plug it in and run it by holding it with your hands. Are there orientations of the rad,  pump and/or block where the noise stops?

The noise is coming from the pump, I slowly stopped all fans with my fingers and the noise still happens. I’ve already checked and nothing is hitting any fans. I also don’t know how full it’s supposed to feel so I can’t really give you information about that. When I take it and move it around, it makes the noise regardless of it’s position.

Do you guys think it’s where I plugged the power cable for the AIO? That’s the only thing I can think of since it was 3 pins connector and I just pushed it onto the 4 pins, unless I was supposed to do this I’m not sure.

12 minutes ago, D3fine said:

This isn’t a quiet noise, it’s loud and you can hear it throughout the room. I hear what it’s supposed to sound like  when I first turn on my computer. It’s basically silent for about 3 mins. I’ve run it for hours on end and there is no change in the sound

The noise is coming from the pump, I slowly stopped all fans with my fingers and the noise still happens. I’ve already checked and nothing is hitting any fans. I also don’t know how full it’s supposed to feel so I can’t really give you information about that. When I take it and move it around, it makes the noise regardless of it’s position.

No, I think the impeller is damaged. I think you need to contact the vendor for a replacement, or the maker if they refuse. What is the make and model?

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

1 hour ago, RevGAM said:

No, I think the impeller is damaged. I think you need to contact the vendor for a replacement, or the maker if they refuse. What is the make and model?

It is a DeepCool LS520 SE

I bought it on amazon during a cyber monday sale for $71

3 minutes ago, D3fine said:

It is a DeepCool LS520 SE

I bought it on amazon during a cyber monday sale for $71

Go to the orders area and select that item, then select replacement. Mark it as damaged. There should be no trouble doing that. I've returned several things to Amazon for various reasons without trouble, and I don't have Prime.