Buzzing sound

Kielim

Hi, I've recently gotten my graphics card and PSU upgraded. When launching games line Fortnite my PC starts making a buzzing sound, but when launching Destiny 2 on high settings or doing general tasks it goes away. I've manually stopped each fan to see if it goes away but it does not. The sound seems like it's coming from the around the gpu/cpu area, I haven't noticed any performance issues but the sound is really annoying even if it's pretty quiet. I've also been checking for any wires that might be touching the fans but didn't find a single one. What might be causing this sound? I'm thankful for any thoughts on the matter<3

3 minutes ago, Kielim said:

Hi, I've recently gotten my graphics card and PSU upgraded. When launching games line Fortnite my PC starts making a buzzing sound, but when launching Destiny 2 on high settings or doing general tasks it goes away. I've manually stopped each fan to see if it goes away but it does not. The sound seems like it's coming from the around the gpu/cpu area, I haven't noticed any performance issues but the sound is really annoying even if it's pretty quiet. I've also been checking for any wires that might be touching the fans but didn't find a single one. What might be causing this sound? I'm thankful for any thoughts on the matter<3

Sounds like Coilwhine to me.  If it is Coilwhine, its not dangerous and does not affect the lifespan of the product. Its just annoying.  Does it sound similar to this?

5 minutes ago, Kielim said:

What might be causing this sound?

one or several coils in the gpu.

6 minutes ago, Kielim said:

I'm thankful for any thoughts on the matter<

sometimes this can be fixed by using a different psu, but there's no guarantee for it. (it could also get worse lol)

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity