PC shuts off/freezes when accidentally hitting my computer... (not very hard either)

ChieriOnTop

To give you a short rundown of what happened, was playing a few games and accidentally hit my computer when moving my mouse around. It can also just completely lock up instead of shut off. Also happens when I slam my desk too... I assume this is a faulty connector? But I've looked and cannot find a single loose connector, and it's happened even after unplugging and plugging back in multiple cords.

Any ideas? Maybe I should just stop raging? (please don't say this lol)

Edited by ChieriOnTop
EDIT: No, I do not physically "hit" my computer either, it's more of an accidental side swipe.

Check the rams seating. It always worth a shot. Other than that I would look at all your drives, make sure they connect properly. And if that doesn't work reseat the cpu. 

51 minutes ago, ChieriOnTop said:

To give you a short rundown of what happened, was playing a few games and accidentally hit my computer when moving my mouse around. It can also just completely lock up instead of shut off. Also happens when I slam my desk too... I assume this is a faulty connector? But I've looked and cannot find a single loose connector, and it's happened even after unplugging and plugging back in multiple cords.

Any ideas? Maybe I should just stop raging? (please don't say this lol)

Could be a short somewhere. Do you have the standoffs in the correct spot? And only the standoffs needed, no extra ones.

2 hours ago, Blue4130 said:

Could be a short somewhere. Do you have the standoffs in the correct spot? And only the standoffs needed, no extra ones.

I would assume, I've never had issues within the 4 years I've had it... I can check though.