Jump to content

AM5 no boot :( - EDIT: gave up.

kojeek

I get the aforementioned beep code on startup.  To me it sounds like 1 long and 3 short.  I find various resources stating it means either NO VGA, or Bad Ram.
EDIT: Confirmed by gigabyte support as no VGA beep code.

I qflashed the bios to the latest verison, seems to have completed successfully.

The ram is on the MOBO's compatibility list.  I tried one stick, both slots, no joy.   tried with no video card and onboard video, same result.

 

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 7600X 4.7 GHz 6-Core Processor  (Purchased For $209.00) 
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE WHITE ARGB 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler  (Purchased For $42.00) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte A620I AX Mini ITX AM5 Motherboard  (Purchased For $140.00) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL36 Memory  ($122.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $65.00) 
Video Card: MSI MECH 2X V1 Radeon RX 6750 XT 12 GB Video Card  ($379.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox NR200 Mini ITX Desktop Case  (Purchased For $50.00) 
Power Supply: Lian Li SP850 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular SFX Power Supply  (Purchased For $122.00) 
Keyboard: Razer Cynosa V2 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard  (Purchased For $50.00) 
Total: $1180.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-12-04 20:03 EST-0500

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

You have a AMI bios according to the manual, 1 long and 2 short is video card related.

 

 

edit Nvm, just saw you wrote you did do this already.

It could be possible the motherboard shipped with the old F1 bios.

That CPU requires F2 bios for compatibility. 

Follow a Q-Flash Plus guide on how to update the BIOS without booting.

You will need to use the usb port labelled "e" on the following picture.

Spoiler

 

image.thumb.png.fbb47f253b9caac00a9c32a56a4e67e0.png

image.thumb.png.399294efe980a3a10ef158ef144671b4.png

image.thumb.png.9816004261851a693d352b42088b912a.png

 

image.thumb.png.c382467f49d60f5f531ed3c107b67a06.png

 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ryzen 7000 series have iGPUs in them now, so to rule out GPU, remove the GPU from the system and boot up with your monitor plugged into the Motherboard to see if it Posts. Do note that sometimes it can take 3-5 minutes for Memory training with AM5 systems. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

 

Dedicated Streaming Rig

 Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Nvm, just saw you wrote you did do this already.

On gigabyte, 1 long and 2 short is bad ram / incorrectly seated ram.

 

It could be possible the motherboard shipped with the old F1 bios.

That CPU requires F2 bios for compatibility. 

Follow a Q-Flash Plus guide on how to update the BIOS without booting.

You will need to use the usb port labelled "e" on the following picture.

  Reveal hidden contents

 

image.thumb.png.fbb47f253b9caac00a9c32a56a4e67e0.png

image.thumb.png.399294efe980a3a10ef158ef144671b4.png

image.thumb.png.9816004261851a693d352b42088b912a.png

 

image.thumb.png.c382467f49d60f5f531ed3c107b67a06.png

 

I know its seated correctly.  my only guess is that its 6000 speed ram and the 7600x only supports 5200, but technically i think the ram is 4800 that can OC to 6000 with xmp.  and since i havent gotten to bios to set xmp then i dont think its that.

its possible both sticks are bad but that seems unlikely.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Ryzen 7000 series have iGPUs in them now, so to rule out GPU, remove the GPU from the system and boot up with your monitor plugged into the Motherboard to see if it Posts. Do note that sometimes it can take 3-5 minutes for Memory training with AM5 systems. 

yea, did that over the weekend, just got the gpu today and was hoping that it would solve the issue but nope.
@skiiwee29

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Nvm, just saw you wrote you did do this already.

On gigabyte, 1 long and 2 short is bad ram / incorrectly seated ram.

 

It could be possible the motherboard shipped with the old F1 bios.

That CPU requires F2 bios for compatibility. 

Follow a Q-Flash Plus guide on how to update the BIOS without booting.

You will need to use the usb port labelled "e" on the following picture.

  Reveal hidden contents

 

image.thumb.png.fbb47f253b9caac00a9c32a56a4e67e0.png

image.thumb.png.399294efe980a3a10ef158ef144671b4.png

image.thumb.png.9816004261851a693d352b42088b912a.png

 

image.thumb.png.c382467f49d60f5f531ed3c107b67a06.png

 

do you think that video is 2 or 3 short beeps?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, kojeek said:

yea, did that over the weekend, just got the gpu today and was hoping that it would solve the issue but nope.
@skiiwee29

Would be helpful if you include all the troubleshooting you have done then so we don't rehash what you have tried. 

 

Edit: NVM, reread and see its listed there, I missed it like @TetraSky missed information too. 

 

Suggest then removing the CPU and checking the pins in the socket to ensure nothing is bent or damaged. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

 

Dedicated Streaming Rig

 Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Would be helpful if you include all the troubleshooting you have done then so we don't rehash what you have tried. 

I did state in the original post  "tried with no video card and onboard video, same result."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, kojeek said:

I did state in the original post  "tried with no video card and onboard video, same result."

You did, im blind 😞 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

 

Dedicated Streaming Rig

 Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, kojeek said:

I know its seated correctly.  my only guess is that its 6000 speed ram and the 7600x only supports 5200, but technically i think the ram is 4800 that can OC to 6000 with xmp.  and since i havent gotten to bios to set xmp then i dont think its that.

its possible both sticks are bad but that seems unlikely.

The 7600x does support 6000Mts rams but it is true that AM5 also has a lot of compatibility issues still and stuff like this happens. Also you're right that your rams don't just go to their designated 6000MTs EXPO or XMP without you enabaling it first. But this still doesn't mean that you're not having a ram compatibility issue here.

 

I know you'ver tried without the graphics card, but just to be sure, take it out of the PC entirely during the whole time you do your testings. Better yet, you should always just hook up your Motherboard to the only needed parts outside of the chassis to test and see if you get a boot before assembling the PC inside the chassis.

 

This might be a shot in the dark, but can you double check to see if your CPU fan connected to the correct header?

 

Here is what I would do. I would take everything outside the chassis to make it easier and only connected the essentials to do my testings, reseat the CPU and the CPU cooler to make sure it's installed correctly. Clear CMOS and try only with one stick of RAM at a time. And then beyond that, you will need some spare parts to test out. I would go in this order, RAMs, Motherboard, PSU, CPU. I would simply start by testing someone else's RAM stick in this PC or one of these sticks in someone elses. If you can't do any of these, then I would just call up the place I bought the motherboard from and say that it's not working ask for help.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jon-Slow said:

The 7600x does support 6000Mts rams but it is true that AM5 also has a lot of compatibility issues still and stuff like this happens. Also you're right that your rams don't just go to their designated 6000MTs EXPO or XMP without you enabaling it first. But this still doesn't mean that you're not having a ram compatibility issue here.

 

I know you'ver tried without the graphics card, but just to be sure, take it out of the PC entirely during the whole time you do your testings. Better yet, you should always just hook up your Motherboard to the only needed parts outside of the chassis to test and see if you get a boot before assembling the PC inside the chassis.

 

This might be a shot in the dark, but can you double check to see if your CPU fan connected to the correct header?

 

Here is what I would do. I would take everything outside the chassis to make it easier and only connected the essentials to do my testings, reseat the CPU and the CPU cooler to make sure it's installed correctly. Clear CMOS and try only with one stick of RAM at a time. And then beyond that, you will need some spare parts to test out. I would go in this order, RAMs, Motherboard, PSU, CPU. I would simply start by testing someone else's RAM stick in this PC or one of these sticks in someone elses. If you can't do any of these, then I would just call up the place I bought the motherboard from and say that it's not working ask for help.

i ordered some slower ram to test with, but thats a few days out.  i could scrounge a power supply,   no other am5 cpus.   fan header is in the right spot with a splitter, maybe ill try not splitting it.    Already have a thread going with gigabyte, but at one reply a day, its moving rather slow.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, kojeek said:

i ordered some slower ram to test with, but thats a few days out.  i could scrounge a power supply,   no other am5 cpus.   fan header is in the right spot with a splitter, maybe ill try not splitting it.    Already have a thread going with gigabyte, but at one reply a day, its moving rather slow.   

 

I don't think buying stuff before you're certain is a good idea. There is a chance it will work with the new RAMs but I would always make sure to identify the issue before making new purchase. Also the people emailing you are going to be just as clueless as anyone else  trying to help you without access to your hardware. What I meant was calling up the store you bought it from, not Gigabyte. The store that sold it to you will help you a lot more to troubleshoot than Gigabyte could over emails.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Jon-Slow said:

 

I don't think buying stuff before you're certain is a good idea. There is a chance it will work with the new RAMs but I would always make sure to identify the issue before making new purchase. Also the people emailing you are going to be just as clueless as anyone else  trying to help you without access to your hardware. What I meant was calling up the store you bought it from, not Gigabyte. The store that sold it to you will help you a lot more to troubleshoot than Gigabyte could over emails.

IDK if B&H photovideo is gonna offer a lot of trouble shooting, and sadly, i bought the mobo in september so my return window is gone.   So crazy, ive never had a PC not post for me in 15 years of building.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, kojeek said:

do you think that video is 2 or 3 short beeps?

I actually edited my post before you replied, you have an AMI BIOS. Which means 1 long and 2 short is GPU related, not RAM.

Gotta love non standard POST codes... Each bios makers are different.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Well its not the motherboard, i got a different board and got the same no vga error.   Its not the CPU, i got a different one of those and got the same error, different ram same error.  the only constant at this point is the PSU, so thats on its way,  jeezus what a PF.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Are those the Lian Li power cables or custom? Did you check pinouts if custom?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, sabgog said:

Are those the Lian Li power cables or custom? Did you check pinouts if custom?

Included cables.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

i give up.  I have 2 mobo's, 2 cpus, 2 sets of ram and 2 psu's and get the same error across all of them.   no matter the combination.  returning everything i can. im currently stuck with a cpu and mobo as I'm outside the return window.  off to r/hardware swap.

 

ill go back to am4 platform, what a nightmare.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×