Can't find anything online regarding how to fix mouse

LeeTehBee

I've spent hours trying to find somewhere online that has the fix for this but I've yet to find anything, the last few weeks I've had an issue on my main monitor (Viewsonic 27inch 1440p 165hz) where my mouse jumps around when I move it instead of moving smoothly. This issue doesn't happen when I move it to my second monitor (which is a cheap LG 70hz 24inch that I got for free) this issue is really annoying to deal with when playing any kind of competitive game but it happen both in and outside games. 

The cursor glitches and jumps somewhere else when moving, making any kind of small controlled movements impossible. Everywhere online tells me to change battery but even doing that does nothing (if it helps I have a G305 wireless mouse that I've only had for 2 months at most) if anyone thinks it's a issue with my pc hardware which I highly doubt but who knows, I have a Ryzen 5 5700x, Rx 6800 and 32gbs of 3600mhz ram

Also the mouse doesn't do it all the time, just happens randomly on average every hour or so and lasts for however long. Rebooting pc fixes it for a little while

Edited by LeeTehBee
Misspelling

3 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Have you tried a different cable to the monitor?

Such a basic thing but no I haven't, it's DP cable and the only one I have but I could try using hdmi to see if that fixes it

3 minutes ago, LeeTehBee said:

Such a basic thing but no I haven't, it's DP cable and the only one I have but I could try using hdmi to see if that fixes it

You should try at least. could be a bad dp cable causing a short

2 hours ago, jaslion said:

You should try at least. could be a bad dp cable causing a short

No, it didn't seem to fix my issue with the mouse thank you for the idea though