Broken Laptop Monitor

I have a Lenovo laptop with a broken monitor, and when i turn it on i see only some white parts because of the damage, but when i connect my monitor to the laptop it doesnt show anything on the external.monitor.

Any help?

I'm using a hdmi male to female vga converter because in the laptop only goes hdmi and i have no hdmi slot in the monitor,

but the monitor and the laptop worked toghether, with the converter, because i have used it like this before, but now i get no picture on the external monitor,

i tried disconnecting the monitor from the laptop but it didnt work

You're gonna want to use the "project" feature in windows. Windows + P by default. If your lucky, you'll be able press the combination twice to duplicate the displays.

image.png.d3fe37a549d6313b7d26d3e5b0a550ce.png

Hope this helps ^^

4 minutes ago, Rilu said:

You're gonna want to use the "project" feature in windows. Windows + P by default. If your lucky, you'll be able press the combination twice to duplicate the displays.

image.png.d3fe37a549d6313b7d26d3e5b0a550ce.png

Hope this helps ^^

thanks, i'll try it

Resolution limitations…

An easier method might be get a compatible docking station

then hook it up using the Mini DisplayPort on the docking station,

instead of the eDP (not supported by all monitor devices)

the reason why hdmi to vga is bad is because it requires translating the signal, the ones with external power might do a little better?

another option?

You could replace the LVDS monitor? even though it’s a little bit of a warranty breaking headache?
Probably 100/150/200(max) ish (anything over that you might aswell buy another Lenovo)