A new internet provider makes me disconnect from the game in like 10–20 minutes.

So I moved to a fiber optic internet provider, and the ping is good (70–80 ping), so since I haven't bought an HDD, the only game I can actually play is Roblox, but it's been a month since I got randomly disconnected (error 277) for no reason; my ping will freeze, then it will disconnect me. I asked some friends that have this internet provider, and they said the same thing: they get this kind of issue, so I asked some redditors, and they recommended either getting a VPN or getting a 3rd party router, and I have no idea which of the two would actually work. Any idea what I should do first?

How are you connected to the provider router from your computer? WiFi or wired?

Who is your ISP (if it's not a super local ISP). A lot of fiber ISPs require you to use their gear for the fiber termination so a third party router might not do anything. Find out if you can use a third party router after their gear and put it in bypass/passthru mode.

Have you tried calling the ISP and seeing if anything might be wrong on their side?

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

11 hours ago, badatpcbuilding said:

fiber optic internet provider, and the ping is good (70–80 ping)

That seems high for Fiber. I mean I get under 20ms with a Coax provider.

11 hours ago, badatpcbuilding said:

3rd party router, and I have no idea which of the two would actually work. Any idea what I should do first?

Going on what @Lurick said. There are two ways I have seen Fiber installed. 1) They use an ONT (Media Converter), this converts the Fiber to Ethernet and about any router should be able to be used as long as they use standard DHCP. 2) They use an ONT/Router Combo. If its the second thing, then you need to see if their combo unit supports either bridge mode or IP Pass Thru mode. If it supports either then you can use a 3rd party router.

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

So apparently this is more of a roblox issue where tried to fix lag switch exploiter by disconnecting user if there's a small connection loss.

47 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Going on what @Lurick said. There are two ways I have seen Fiber installed. 1) They use an ONT (Media Converter), this converts the Fiber to Ethernet and about any router should be able to be used as long as they use standard DHCP. 2) They use an ONT/Router Combo. If its the second thing, then you need to see if their combo unit supports either bridge mode or IP Pass Thru mode. If it supports either then you can use a 3rd party router.

I'll try to call the isp soon about it.

49 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

I have no experience in networking, but is there's a way for me to recognize it?

Just now, badatpcbuilding said:

I have no experience in networking, but is there's a way for me to recognize it?

Find the box that the physical Fiber plugs in to, that will tell you. If its the same box that provide WiFi then its a combo device.

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

7 hours ago, Donut417 said:

Find the box that the physical Fiber plugs in to, that will tell you. If its the same box that provide WiFi then its a combo device.

It only have one modem then a small box which connects the wire from modem (The technician said that it is fine being spilled with water so I think it is not important)