Driver install didn’t change anything

Nick639

I recently installed a rx580 in my pc. I went to install the drivers and after the computer restarted nothing changed. I checked in device manager and there is a mark for that driver. I’m not sure what the problem is as the install seemed to work okay. The only things I can think of are that I didn’t install my motherboards vga driver and my hdmi is connected to my motherboard instead of my gpu ( this is because it doesn’t display when I plug it into my gpu hdmi I assume because I don’t have the drivers.) I’m not sure if any of those thing matter and I’m not sure what I can or should do next. Any suggestions would help. 

36 minutes ago, Nick639 said:

this is because it doesn’t display when I plug it into my gpu hdmi I assume because I don’t have the drivers.

no the gpu will function and display an image even without drivers installed. go into the bios and make sure the primary output is set to pci-e instead of the onboard

17 minutes ago, emosun said:

no the gpu will function and display an image even without drivers installed. go into the bios and make sure the primary output is set to pci-e instead of the onboard

For whatever reason that doesn’t work on my set up. If the hdmi is plugged into the gpu or the bios is set to primary output as gpu but plugged into the motherboard there will be no signal. I must set the bios to display only from the integrated graphics. 

16 hours ago, Nick639 said:

For whatever reason that doesn’t work on my set up. If the hdmi is plugged into the gpu or the bios is set to primary output as gpu but plugged into the motherboard there will be no signal. I must set the bios to display only from the integrated graphics. 

Why are you not setting the output to pcie and plugging it into the gpu

Because like I explained the gpu will not function without the drivers installed. I cannot install the drivers unless the gpu in connected. I cannot set the display to pcie because the drivers are not installed. 

You should be able to get display out from the RX 580 even if the Radeon drivers are not installed. You should be able to see the desktop, do Windows stuff, browse the web, other basic computing stuff even using the basic display driver Windows uses. If you cannot get any picture from the 580 at all, then the issue is not drivers, it's something else.

Did you have a way to verify this GPU worked before you installed it? 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16